User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Rich44
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 18-Jan-11 18:43:50
Print Post

no traffic

[link to this post]

Anyone else having issues tonight?
Had a loss of sync earlier then ppp wouldn't come up now it has and I can't get any traffic.

Pings result 90.155.53.11 destination net unreachable.

It's a 20cn line

8Mb sync
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User awoodland
(learned) Tue 18-Jan-11 19:05:47
Print Post

Re: no traffic

[re: Rich44] [link to this post]

Neither of my 20CN lines have been showing any usage since midday. I got a few emails about lines being down, but didn't notice anything at either end and the actual internet connection over it seems to have been fine. I guess the stats will all sync up again at midnight.
Standard User Rich44
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 18-Jan-11 19:12:14
Print Post

[re: awoodland] [link to this post]

Ho hum if that was the case here I'd be ok but no internet at all might mean I have to talk to the wife <shudders>

8Mb sync
My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative andrewhearn
(isp) Wed 19-Jan-11 13:18:33
Print Post

Hi Rich,

There were a couple of things happening last night, but none that would drop sync or cause a problem with internet connectivity.
If you still have a problem, do get in touch, as this looks like a separate issue
(Actually, I think you may have contacted us anyway...)

Andrew Hearn
AAISP Technical Support
aaisp.net.uk support@aaisp.net.uk 03333 400 999
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Rich44
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 19-Jan-11 22:54:01
Print Post

[re: andrewhearn] [link to this post]

Yeah dropped you an email last night. Left it off for a good while changed routers again and all started working again.

Not got much confidence in this line get these weird problems every so often usually around Christmas time has happened on/off the past 2 years, random losses of sync, no traffic stuff like that.

Previous ISP got BTW out who promptly tested it and declared it working (hello intermittant fault you jack asses which is what it was reported as fgs) and have given up since it works 99.9% of the time and lifes too short lol.

8Mb sync
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Lazza
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 29-Jan-11 11:39:55
Print Post

In reply to a post by Rich44:
Yeah dropped you an email last night. Left it off for a good while changed routers again and all started working again.

Not got much confidence in this line get these weird problems every so often usually around Christmas time has happened on/off the past 2 years, random losses of sync, no traffic stuff like that.

Previous ISP got BTW out who promptly tested it and declared it working (hello intermittant fault you jack asses which is what it was reported as fgs) and have given up since it works 99.9% of the time and lifes too short lol.

Sounds like you've got a similar line to mine Rich. frown

AAISP hammered BT into doing something about a year or so back and got my card changed at the exchange (which is great, seems like I'm the only one on it for a whole year! LOL laugh ) and my line swapped over. All was fine for a while but the disconnects started happening again a few months back along with my phone not ringing...... BT still cannot find the fault on the line and work out why the phone intermittently does not ring (screen lights up with incoming call?!?!) and I even wasted £80 on changing my phone system too!

2011 now and 100+ years later the Third World country we live in is still operating on two copper wires for telecoms, you couldn't make it up! frown
  Print Thread

Jump to