User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Rich44
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 05-Feb-11 21:22:07
Print Post

Hurrah slow speeds finally sub 2Mb

[link to this post]

Well after quite a long time of cobblers speeds on/off with regular speedtests showing speeds down to 2Mbps at various times of day (daytime and evening, weekdays and weekends) and being told because my sync is 8Mbps that until it drops below 2Mbps BT won't get off their lazy whiney fat asses and do anything I have FINALLY managed to get a sub 2Mbps speedtest.

8Mb Sync
7150Kbps profile
BT speedtester returned a staggering 1.4Mbps result

HURRAH maybe now something can be done!!

(NOT a dig at AA as they can't help BT's [censored] policy) just pleased to finally get a rubbish speedtest!!

8Mb sync
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User pajap
(newbie) Wed 16-Feb-11 19:02:52
Print Post

Re: Hurrah slow speeds finally sub 2Mb

[re: Rich44] [link to this post]

Yes, my speeds with AAISP are also rubbish lately.
Seem to be going downhill fast.
Shame they used to be really good a long time ago.
Standard User gmoorc
(member) Wed 16-Feb-11 21:33:02
Print Post

[re: pajap] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by pajap:

Assuming that you haven't already why don't you give them a call? In my experience and given that they advertise an uncongested network they take this kind of issue seriously.
Make use of some of that renowned A&A support you are paying for smile

They are also very open about any issues on their status pages.

Latest network quality info here.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User pajap
(newbie) Wed 16-Feb-11 21:59:52
Print Post

[re: gmoorc] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gmoorc:
In reply to a post by pajap:

They are also very open about any issues on their status pages.

The support is not what it once was. I have been with them nearly 7 years and have seen it deteriorate recently. I have moved my email and web hosting from them in the last year and now get the sort of speeds and service I used to with AAISP several years ago.
Looking at my scores I awarded to them here I can see it drop off from 5 stars to 1 star over the last year or so. Guess the majority must still rate them as they appear with the highest score still. This amazes me.
For my issue, they suspected the near permanent low level packet loss of between 20%-50% would need them to log a fault with BT, but said they wanted to test with another router first.
They are unsure how this packet loss managed to slip under their line monitoring and never noticed until I complained!
I said OK to the test with another router and they then just sent one out and billed me for it!! No mention of billing me or anything or any arrangements about how and when to send. They just sent it and billed me (including £8+ for next day delivery). If they had asked I could have told them no-one would be able to accept delivery this week! It will sit in the sorting office until they send it back to AAISP.

I had to complain again to get them to stop the charges for the router, which they have now done but very reluctantly.
Anyway I have lost faith and am going to move on.

Thinking of Zen as they score high here too (though I don't really know whether to trust it or not). At least they do a range of static IPs.

Also going to buy a replacement router. Need one that does non-nat, with a firewall and good performance. Wifi is optional. At least 4 wired LAN ports needed. If anyone has any suggestions it would be very much appreciated. Price is an issue but for the right one I would be willing to pay a bit more.

Edited by pajap (Wed 16-Feb-11 22:03:52)

Standard User Northwind
(newbie) Thu 17-Feb-11 10:11:54
Print Post

Hi pajap,

I concur that A&A support is going through a bad spot at present. I have support ticket numbers that never received a human reply, not even after I investigated the problem and reported the cause. Not much good having all these excellent monitoring tools if I can't get someone to follow-up on problems that they reveal.

In fact I've had to start relying on the BE User Group for network status updates instead.

> They are unsure how this packet loss managed to slip under their line monitoring
> and never noticed until I complained!

Yes, I've heard that one too.

I don't know what is going on in Enterprise Court at present, perhaps they are over-extending themselves with all those new projects like mobile SIMs and VOIP. I'd prefer that they get back to a focus on their core broadband service.
ISP Representative shaunkemp
(isp) Thu 17-Feb-11 11:15:13
Print Post

Hi Pajap

I have read through the support ticket and we have done a lot of work to diagnose the problem, unfortunately the packet loss is not showing on an LCP echo so was not picked up from the CQM graphs, it was not until we sent ICMP pings to your LAN IP did we pick up the loss.

We could not take this fault to BT until we had tested with another router, a router you were happy for us to send.

We should have explained though that the router was being sent on a sale or return basis before sending so I apologies for the lack of communications there.

Whether you stay or move I would be very interested in knowing whether another router resolves the problem, if you stay and a new router does not fix it we are more than willing to take the evidence to BT to prove the issue is in their network.

Andrews & Arnold
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
(isp) Thu 17-Feb-11 11:18:20
Print Post

[re: Northwind] [link to this post]

Hi Northwind

Any example tickets that have not been answered I would appreciate having details, either PM me or email escalations@aaisp......

We should be replying to each and every support ticket so this does concern me

Andrews & Arnold
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Northwind
(newbie) Thu 17-Feb-11 12:34:07
Print Post

[re: shaunkemp] [link to this post]

Cheers Shaun. I have pinged ( pung? gepangt? ) you some details.
(isp) Thu 17-Feb-11 13:00:11
Print Post

[re: Northwind] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Northwind:
Cheers Shaun. I have pinged ( pung? gepangt? ) you some details.

Thanks

Andrews & Arnold
Standard User Northwind
(newbie) Thu 17-Feb-11 14:22:05
Print Post

[re: shaunkemp] [link to this post]

Thanks Shaun, an A&A technician has now contacted me to discuss.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to