Hi to all, I wanted to let you know about a very long going internet problem I had, which lasted 2 years.
Back in 2009 I started to get major internet problems during work related hours, during the hours of about 8 in the morning and 5 at night I regularly got disconnections, web pages taking ages to load and massive amount of errors being on the line, and the noise margin moving around wildly.
Over the weekend the line was fine, I had no problems at all, then Monday morning the problems would start again, unless it was a bank holiday, when the problems would reappear on a Tuesday morning, instead of a Monday.
My ISP at the time kept getting onto BT, who kept sending out SF1 engineers who in turn kept reporting to BT Openreach this was a rein issue, despite this BT seemed very reluctant to send out a rein engineer, but after 13 visits by standards SF1 engineers, I did see a rein engineer, he picked up the rein no problem, but could detect were the rein was coming from, so left, and I never saw him again, my ISP at that time tried and tried to get him back, but BT were having none of it, and kept putting more and more things and problems, in front of them to deal with.
This kept going on for over a year, so reluctantly I decided enough was enough and moved to another ISP.
After a few hours I got my mac code from my old supplier and filled in the form on the AAISP website, after 7 days the migration was completed, but still the old issues were there, which was to be expected.
I then contacted AASIP support and spoke to someone about this problem, I told them I was getting the same issues as when I was with my ISP, and I was hoping they could get BT to do something about my rein issue.
I then spoke to Shaun Kemp at AAISP; I spoke with Shane for about 20 mins telling him all about the problems with my broadband.
Within a matter of a week, BT were at my door, another standard SF1 engineer, the engineer could see the errors on the line snr moving around etc. again he said it was a rein issue.
Within 2 weeks of his visit Shaun had managed to get a rein engineer out to my home called Trevor, this was a different rein guy to the first one I had seen, Trevor could detect rein on his meter, but couldnít trace where it was coming from, he tried his very best for me, but decided to would leave, and would return later in the week.
To be honest at that stage I thought I would never see him again, but to Trevorís credit he did come back and again still could hear the rein but was unable to trace where it was coming from.
During this time Shaun at AAISP kept in contact with me, and kept putting pressure on BT to get this sorted, Trevor also did what he could as well.
Last Thursday Shaun had arranged for Trevor and 2 other guys from Openreach to come here with some different test gear, the rein issue was found and completely cured, it was being caused by some person working from home, something on his P.C had gone faulty, and was transmitting rein all over our estate.
I didnít know at the time but other homes on the estate where affected like I was these customers couldnít even get there ISPs to raise this issue, let alone cure it.
I would like to publicly thank Shaun Kemp at AAISP, Trevor the rein guy from Openreach for getting to the bottom of this fault, now after 2 years I can use my internet during working hours.
AAISP have been great, they took on a known problem when I moved to them, kept on at BT until this was sorted, and kept in touch throughout.
AAISP have a great track record of dealing with suborn faults like this, and itís richly deserved, my advice is if you have a problem and no one else can help, give the AAISP team a go, they were great throughout.