User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User lisaj
(experienced) Sat 13-Aug-11 18:04:04
Print Post

Problems with our line

[link to this post]

Our line changed to 21CN about two weeks ago, and it is so unstable it's untrue, we are having multiple sync loses every day, 11 so far today..

I have unplugged the Sky box from the phone sockets along with everything else except the phone and the router, we have the BT plate fitted into the socket to improve the ADSL performance as well.

The only thing I have just noticed is that when we made a phone call, the router lost its sync, is this something that needs raising with AAISP or BT?

The latest loss of sync has increased our sync speed to the highest its ever been, every cloud etc.

Any help appreciated

Lisa

PS. Just put the phone down and had another loss of sync, now not at the highest it's been lol, well it was for five minutes

AAISP Fantastic full speed all of the time/blue]

Standard User burakkucat
(member) Sat 13-Aug-11 19:11:26
Print Post

Re: Problems with our line

[re: lisaj] [link to this post]

The only thing I have just noticed is that when we made a phone call, the router lost its sync, is this something that needs raising with AAISP or BT?
I suspect you have a defective, possibly a HR, joint in your copper pair. This should be reported to A&A, along with any other pertinent information. As you clearly have a pair fault, it is down to your CP to arrange with OR for the necessary repair to be made.

-----------------------------------------------------

100% Linux and, previously, Unix.
Standard User ionic
(experienced) Mon 15-Aug-11 10:55:23
Print Post

When you make phone calls do you hear crackles / noise on the line? (maybe use the quiet line test on 17070 to check) If so, report to BT as a voice fault and don't mention the broadband.
The fix for the noise will most likely fix the broadband too.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lexden16
(learned) Thu 25-Aug-11 20:16:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by lisaj:
Our line changed to 21CN about two weeks ago, and it is so unstable it's untrue, we are having multiple sync loses every day, 11 so far today..

I have unplugged the Sky box from the phone sockets along with everything else except the phone and the router, we have the BT plate fitted into the socket to improve the ADSL performance as well.

The latest loss of sync has increased our sync speed to the highest its ever been, every cloud etc.

Any help appreciated

Lisa

PS. Just put the phone down and had another loss of sync, now not at the highest it's been lol, well it was for five minutes

Been there. When I transferred to ADSL2+ my line would lose connection whenever the phone rang. I took a tip from an Aussie website and double filtered my phone line. This stopped the problem in its tracks and over a period of 5 months my downstream SNR has fallen from 15 to 3. Double filtering makes no difference to the quality of the phone line. Worth trying before running the risk of a BT call out fee.
  Print Thread

Jump to