User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Rich44
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 07-Nov-11 11:42:47
Print Post

Arrrgh return of the sub 2Mbps speed.....

[link to this post]

Well it's been a nice 10 months or so and as Christmas rears it's ugly head again our creaking exchange once again takes a nose dive, so heres to looking forward to 6 months of BT lies about how the exchange is green etc etc before eventually admitting the problem and then giving a 6 month lead time to fixing it....

Not AAs fault of course I really really hate BT but sadly never going to change here and probably never see 21cn either LOL!!

Support ticket raised last night with a sub 2Mbps BT speedtest result attached lets see what happens this time when I hear back about it.

At least i'm not home working on the census this time round...

8Mb sync
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Rich44
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 07-Nov-11 18:40:52
Print Post

Re: Arrrgh return of the sub 2Mbps speed.....

[re: Rich44] [link to this post]

Wow a massive 898Kbps this evening on an 8Mbps sync with 7150k ip profile

[censored] what am I paying for frown
Standard User Rich44
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 07-Nov-11 18:47:29
Print Post

Just trying out the sig

My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User blueacid
(committed) Mon 07-Nov-11 23:16:23
Print Post

That's got to be pretty frustrating - particularly since you're likely on Max premium which (IIRC) offers a higher priority on the VP.

Cheers,
Blueacid
=================================
Was on Xilo C&W LLU on MRCEN, Now Be* on MRARD.
Standard User Rich44
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 08-Nov-11 08:35:47
Print Post

[re: blueacid] [link to this post]

No I was going to move onto that last time but was talked out of it in the end, Given what I was told last time when BT did eventually fess up was that it wouldn't have made much difference because the exchange was at meltdown no VP capacity and they needed to install an extra DSLAM I guess that now needs extra capacity adding to it....

It wouldn't be so bad if BT could just be honest but they constantly feed AA BS about it's green must be the customers problem blah blah SFI visit blah blah blah.

AA are good at dealing the BT BS but if BT could just say yes it's at capacity fix date is xx you'd at least KNOW

and as if by magic full speed this morning, now to the point where I may have to move and shift my usage to day time and move to a different ISP with a different model to accommodate that I don't want to but if my hand is forced... frown

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User dspillett
(committed) Tue 08-Nov-11 12:05:14
Print Post

Do you have Be available at your exchange?

AAISP can offer service via their backbone, skipping more of BT's network. I don't know what it would mean for IPv6 if you are setup to use that (Be are not IPv6 capable as yet) or any fixed IP addresses you have assigned, but if the option is available at your exchange it might be worth enquiring about whether you could switch. You'd get more peak-time bandwidth for the same price too.

--------------------------------------------------------
Current ISP: Andrews & Arnold (AAISP, aa.net.uk) via FTTC at ~36Mbit down & ~10Mbit up, joined July 2011.
Previous setup: Be Pro with UploadPlus (ADSL2+, AnnexM), 12ish Mbit down, 1.6 up, happy customer for ~2.5 years.
Standard User Rich44
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 08-Nov-11 12:20:24
Print Post

[re: dspillett] [link to this post]

Good idea but sadly not if I did i'd have done that years ago our exchange is EACLE sadly a small village exchange so no LLU 21cn etc. Ironically our line is shorter now than when we lived in the city centre with our lovely Bulldog line running best part of 19Mbps with no slowdowns caused by BTW I miss that line esp for £20 a month <sigh>

Still I will put up with lack of LLU for where we live with an almost 0 crime rate and a school with an intake year this sept of less than 8 LOL!!

The frustrating thing is I could accept it if it was a long line or had aluminium in it causing problems or if there was a hard to find fault but what I can't accept is BTW's lack of planning, lack of awareness and lack of ability to even understand the problem. The most worrying thing is all through this last time round BTW were saying exchange is green blah blah blah so makes you wonder seriously what monitoring (if any) they have on VPs.

Unsurprisingly BT have said exchange is green but despite lots of speedtests last night and the one this morning showing 6.3Mbps no further updates from AA. I know BT probably haven't done anything yet but an acknowledgement would be nice.

Oh well maybe tonight will be better...

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User ionic
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 08-Nov-11 13:33:56
Print Post

[re: dspillett] [link to this post]

From an IPv4 / IPv6 addressing perspective it doesn't matter whether you have Be or BT backhaul with A&A, it works the same on both.

Be retail may not have sorted IPv6 yet, but Be wholesale just pass an L2TP tunnel back to A&A who then route current and legacy addresses down the line as configured for your account.
Standard User Rich44
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 09-Nov-11 16:20:37
Print Post

Just laughed out loud reading the fault logs love AAs replies to the Any further involvement of BTW may incur a charge, really tickled me wink

Thanks AA for that and for pursuing BT for me smile

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User gmoorc
(member) Thu 10-Nov-11 08:34:04
Print Post

Spill the beans then smile

There are some great posts on RevK's blog about their interaction with the BT systems!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to