User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mologben99
(learned) Fri 06-Jul-12 16:25:27
Print Post

A heavy heart

[link to this post]

It's with sadness, that I got my Mac code to leave AAISP today. Great service and support. Unfortunately, family needs for streaming and constant connectivity all day and night, means I've been forced to look at another ISP for our FTTC service. The higher tariff during Mon-Fri work hours become too expensive to keep up.

So long guys, you've been great. If you're able to upgrade your allowances in line with IPTV needs of people like me, then I'll back back as quick as I can.

Cheers,
Standard User stuorguk
(member) Tue 10-Jul-12 00:29:59
Print Post

Re: A heavy heart

[re: mologben99] [link to this post]

I am going to have to do the same unfortunately. Daytime costs are killing me. I had to put a ban on IPTV during the day in our household, which has not made me very popular.

Cant decide what ISP to go for.
Standard User ukhardy07
(experienced) Tue 10-Jul-12 01:35:58
Print Post

[re: stuorguk] [link to this post]

Do you have LLU available?

Also if you're looking at fibre BTs offering is hard to beat but if you use peer to peer I'd look at Skys Fibre.

I am always amazed at quite how expensive some ISPs are. I find it near enough impossible to justify moving from my Sky package at such a great price. I get support from either Ireland, Scottland or London. They always call back and never charge for call outs. I've had conversations about my fav bevvy etc with them, definitely not script monkeys overall.

Out of interest how much do you pay and what do you get?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User stuorguk
(member) Tue 10-Jul-12 10:14:29
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

£60 in usage charges alone.

I will have a look at Sky, thanks.
Standard User mologben99
(learned) Tue 10-Jul-12 11:59:55
Print Post

Same here, great service but the cost is high compared to what I could be getting for a much larger usage allowance
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 11-Jul-12 16:46:36
Print Post

I run two lines at home, one with business static IP on it, and the other is Sky for xbox and netflix et al.

To reduce the cost of keeping the PSTN on the one line I went with Primus Saver, cheapest line rental that did not affect my bb choices I could find.

The Sky line is their total bundle.

One LLU and one BT Wholesale is a good cheap redundancy option, particularly if you work from home.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User stuorguk
(member) Wed 11-Jul-12 17:12:29
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks. I do work from home, and use a 3G dongle on my router for backup.

Sky's FTTC Unlimited is hard to ignore. It would pay me to get a second line in just for IPTV. No more worries about daytime & bank holidays.
Standard User garygomm
(newbie) Tue 13-Nov-12 15:52:05
Print Post

I left AAISP for the same reason, could not afford the daytime charges Now with Virgin Media, what a change in service and reliability etc. compared to AAISP. Must win lottery so I can come back.
Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 13-Nov-12 22:31:36
Print Post

[re: mologben99] [link to this post]

I did look at AAISP for FTTC but they it seems havent kept up with what should be expected modern costs. I of course expect a premium over other isp's but the premium seems to have gone up significantly especially for high upload speed packages, which is a shame.

However what I will say is I do respect AAISP to keep with their principles and not succumb to mass market product therapy.
Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 13-Nov-12 22:33:06
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

can primus saver be used with sky FTTC? I thought sky now days require their line rental?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to