User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Moderator billford
(moderator) Sat 14-Jul-12 20:40:27
Print Post

Migrating in

[link to this post]

I'm thinking about moving from my current ISP and am looking around the market, I'm currently on an 80/20Mbps FTTC connection.

I assume that a move to AAISP would be a straightforward migration using a MAC, hence just the £1 fee and no installation cost?

Also, I assume that to retain the 80/20 connection I would have to take the Premium option? If I elected not to take it, would there be any cost involved in dropping back to 40/10Mbps? (I'm only getting about 60Mbps atm, and it's sure not going to increase as my cabinet gets fuller!)

I'd guess that it would also be subject to the 12 month contract that normally goes with FTTC?

If there's anything else that it's important that I know, please don't hesitate to tell me smile

Bill
bill@thinkbroadband.com __________________Planes and Boats and ... __________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 14-Jul-12 22:41:48
Print Post

Re: Migrating in

[re: billford] [link to this post]

http://aa.net.uk/broadband-FC.html says £100.

I think the price you're quoting is for ADSL services..

http://aa.net.uk/broadband-prices-full.html
"Cost for migrating ADSL broadband to us (BT or BE) from another non-LLU provider."

Matt

uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Moderator billford
(moderator) Sat 14-Jul-12 22:52:52
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Yes, I saw that, but £100 is also the cost of a full FTTC install- first row in your first link:
Normal install price of new service and changing from existing no FTTC service

I know AAISP aren't cheap, but charging the same price for a like-to-like migration seems frankly excessive... so my hope was that there are simply some inconsistencies in their website price lists.

I'll wait to see what someone from the company says.

Bill
bill@thinkbroadband.com __________________Planes and Boats and ... __________________BQM

Edited by billford (Sat 14-Jul-12 23:05:37)

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User bubieyehyeh
(member) Sun 15-Jul-12 21:05:39
Print Post

In reply to a post by billford:
Yes, I saw that, but £100 is also the cost of a full FTTC install- first row in your first link:
Normal install price of new service and changing from existing no FTTC service

I know AAISP aren't cheap, but charging the same price for a like-to-like migration seems frankly excessive... so my hope was that there are simply some inconsistencies in their website price lists.

I'll wait to see what someone from the company says.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the FTTC install and FTTC-FTTC migration costs from BT were the same.
Moderator billford
(moderator) Sun 15-Jul-12 21:19:16
Print Post

[re: bubieyehyeh] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bubieyehyeh:
I seem to remember reading somewhere that the FTTC install and FTTC-FTTC migration costs from BT were the same.
I've done a bit of rooting around and it seems like you may be right frown

I still think it's excessive, but at least I now know who's to blame mad

Bill
Standard User colesy10
(regular) Mon 16-Jul-12 13:16:23
Print Post

When I migrated from a FTTC supplier to AAISP on FTTC, my fee was £1. No new installation fee.
This may have changed since, it was back last year around April-May.
Moderator billford
(moderator) Mon 16-Jul-12 13:31:36
Print Post

[re: colesy10] [link to this post]

That cheers me up a little, thanks smile

Need a rep from AAISP to confirm/answer what I raised in the OP...

Bill
Standard User CJT
(committed) Mon 16-Jul-12 13:52:01
Print Post

I guess you could Tweet them if you are on Twitter: https://twitter.com/aaisp

CJT.

tongue

ON BT Total Broadband .

My Broadband Speed Test

[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/986285088.png[/IMG]
Moderator billford
(moderator) Mon 16-Jul-12 14:04:48
Print Post

[re: CJT] [link to this post]

I'm not on Twitter... or any other "social network" come to that smile

There's no hurry, I won't be doing anything for some weeks at least- I'm just scouting out the territory.

Bill
ISP Representative GlennAAISP
(isp) Tue 17-Jul-12 09:56:19
Print Post

Hi

FTTC migration in is £100

As said if wanting the 80/20 you would need the premium option.

If you wanted to drop back to 40/10 as you moved in there would be no extra just just the £100 fee.

There will be a 12 month contract.

Migration should be simple and is 5 to 10 days but we do enter a 5 day lead time.

Kind Regards Glenn Richardson
ADSL Manager/Senior Technical Support

Andrews & Arnold Ltd http://aa.net.uk
Tel: 03333 400000
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to