User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Uilebheist
(legend) Fri 07-Dec-12 17:10:33
Print Post

Back

[link to this post]

After an absence of 4 years, I just gave my MAC to AAISP and I'll be back soon.
Just a Christmas present to myself smile
Standard User stuorguk
(member) Sat 08-Dec-12 20:05:17
Print Post

Re: Back

[re: Uilebheist] [link to this post]

Where have you been all those years? What made you come back?
Standard User Uilebheist
(legend) Sun 09-Dec-12 20:15:08
Print Post

[re: stuorguk] [link to this post]

I've been with Be, which has been fine and rock solid, however they seem to be going downhill. Routing goes periodically haywire and some days I haven't been able to connect to servers in the office unless I tunnel via somewhere else, which I shouldn't have to do. (And I don't know but I don't think I speak the same language as people at Be support).
Meanwhile colleagues who are with AAISP have had no problems.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User dspillett
(committed) Wed 12-Dec-12 12:08:14
Print Post

(And I don't know but I don't think I speak the same language as people at Be support)
Be's sales and tech support staff are not UK based IIRC, though on the two occasions I needed to call them I experienced no language barrier related issues. Of couse a lot could have changed in the ~18 months since i moved in order to get an FTTC based link.

Routing goes periodically haywire
Before I left there were a few routing issues, from what I gather from people who are still using Be these have repeated quite a bit since (though are usually resolved quickly), the most commonly experienced problem being access to the BBC's iPlayer.

I think Be's key problem at the moment is cash to invest in imporving the infrastructure to improve the current issues and try compete with FTTC. Unfortunately their parent company (Telefonica), like most companies in the current economy, is not too flush with spare financial rsource right now.

--------------------------------------------------------
Current Line: Andrews & Arnold (AAISP) via 80/20 FTTC, getting close to the full rate both ways, joined July 2011, upgraded from 40/10 to 80/20 May 2012.
Previous setup: Be Pro with UploadPlus (ADSL2+, AnnexM), 12ish Mbit down, 1.6 up, happy customer for ~2.5 years.
Standard User Uilebheist
(legend) Tue 01-Jan-13 10:29:06
Print Post

First Happy New Year everybody.
Now fully back to AAISP as the migration happened yesterday.
I'd like to thank AAISP's staff who answered all my questions and did everything quickly and professionally. The only delay was the requirement to wait 10 working days to transfer the phone line, which is to give Be time to write to me and wait to see if I objected (of course I didn't). Everything else happened as soon as it could.
Speed seems to have increased as a result of migrating, and I haven't seen any packet loss yet - before I would just need to wait 5 minutes to see some... usually with no packet loss to Be's routers but some loss to any other destination so I knew it wasn't the line but rather their peering.
Anyway, fingers crossed it all keeps going this well.
ISP Representative andrewhearn
(isp) Wed 02-Jan-13 16:40:18
Print Post

Glad to have you back! Do let us know if you get any problems!

Andrew Hearn
AAISP Technical Support
aa.net.uk support@aaisp.net.uk 03333 400 999
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to