User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User cssuk
(learned) Mon 27-May-13 11:53:58
Print Post

tariff confusion

[link to this post]

looking at FTTC as a potential new customer and i am a little confused by the tariffs wth is all this unit stuff? i dont want to be limited on what i can download or use by the time of day seems like we have stepped back 15 odd years or am i reading it wrong?
Standard User mixt
(experienced) Mon 27-May-13 12:16:52
Print Post

Re: tariff confusion

[re: cssuk] [link to this post]

Try the Home::1 FTTC package: http://www.aaisp.net.uk/broadband-home1.html

Yes, the normal unit based tariff can be confusing to understand. Do not go for this if you use your connection intensively during peak hours (Mon-Fri 9am-6pm) as the expense will rack up rapidly. That is why AA introduced the Home::1 package.

Now on <aaisp.net> (21CN+IPv6+FTTC/40Mb)
Previous ISPs: Virgin Media (50Mb/Cable), Be* Un Limited, ZeN
Is Linux routing your internet connection?
Need to make BIND geo-aware?

Edited by mixt (Mon 27-May-13 12:18:42)

Standard User cssuk
(regular) Mon 27-May-13 14:28:51
Print Post

[re: mixt] [link to this post]

hmm thats a really [censored] deal to be honest and i want FTTC 50gb a month for 25.00 quid are you joking! seems aaisp isnt for me if thats the best they can offer then yep gone back 20 years!, cmon there must be a more realistic option surely i can eat 50 gb in a few days as i am on 75mb FTTC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 27-May-13 14:36:43
Print Post

You may be better suited to a mass market ISP such as BT or Sky, who offer unlimited for around £30.

__________________________________________________________________________The back pedalling starts here__________________
Standard User cssuk
(regular) Mon 27-May-13 15:39:39
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

i know the offers elsewhere and am currently with Zen who are another non mass market provider and currently have 200gb per month question is what can aaisp provide that zen cant for the same money? £38.00 per month +vat i dont expect to pay peanuts but do want value for money tempered with QOS
Standard User mixt
(experienced) Mon 27-May-13 18:29:34
Print Post

Goscomb are another AAISP type provider: http://www.goscomb.net/connectivity/broadband/fttc

I was looking at them for FTTC at my new house, but decided to stick with AAISP instead (as I sometimes download a lot and I can schedule that between their 2am-6am night-time special slot, effectively meaning I can download way more in a month than what Goscomb can provide for the same price, and even Zen for that matter).

Goscomb can do 120Gb/month for £36.00/month (inc VAT) but that's only on a 40/10 connection (+£4 for 80/20). Remember also, switching provider is not going to solve the underlying issue as to why interleaving is being applied on your line - you'll be in the same situation if you switch providers.

I'm not sure if you are going to get what you want from any of these niche providers like AAISP and Goscomb. As has been said, maybe better to try one of the more "sheeple" type ones (BT/Sky). I wasn't interested in that as I do not trust the whole unlimited splurge. What I mean by that is - yes, it will be unlimited, but they'll likely traffic manage your connection where necessary, and slow it down if they need to. I'd rather manage (and pay for accordingly) my usage instead, and have a fast clean connection without any of that tampering.

If latency really is the main issue here, and you were only a few hundred yards from the exchange, I would suggest moving back to ADSL2+ on an LLU provider - you would then be able to fixate the line to fastpath and keep it that way. But I gather you went with FTTC for the speed - which unfortunately has this automated DLM shenanigans at the cabinet.

Not sure what else to suggest really.

Now on <aaisp.net> (21CN+IPv6+FTTC/40Mb)
Previous ISPs: Virgin Media (50Mb/Cable), Be* Un Limited, ZeN
Is Linux routing your internet connection?
Need to make BIND geo-aware?
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 27-May-13 21:07:20
Print Post

150gig on aaisp is a little bit more than your zen package, and the difference also been zen are 10x the price of aaisp for topup bandwidth.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012
  Print Thread

Jump to