User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jjgreenwood
(newbie) Thu 10-Apr-14 20:00:24
Print Post

New AAISP User

[link to this post]

Will be joining AAISP in the next week after having a fairly stable plusnet connection. Latency has increased recently on plusnet though so lets see how I do on AAISP.
ISP Representative andrewhearn
(isp) Fri 11-Apr-14 10:06:34
Print Post

Re: New AAISP User

[re: jjgreenwood] [link to this post]

Nice! Do let us know how it goes - email support@aa.net.uk incase we miss this forum smile You'll see various monitoring graphs from the control pages - There is a help page about the graphs on our wiki: http://wiki.aa.org.uk/CQM_Graphs

Andrew Hearn
AAISP Technical Support
aa.net.uk support@aaisp.net.uk 03333 400 999
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
(newbie) Fri 11-Apr-14 22:01:14
Print Post

[re: andrewhearn] [link to this post]

Hi Andrew

I noticed that AAISP have decided to put me on my local TTB LLU rather than the 21CN thats in my exchange. Is there any reason for this?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(isp) Mon 14-Apr-14 09:46:34
Print Post

We aim to have a mix of customers on BT and TT back haul and generally they are as good as each other, though lately we have seen some congestion within BT which is being worked on. We can change this if you have a specific requirement.

Our TalkTalk back haul shouldn't be seen as inferior to BT though - We have staff with multiple TT lines at home, and the line profile features are far better than with BT (ie no DLM, and manual line profile configuration from our Control Pages.)

More about our BT and TT backhaul can be found on these pages:
http://wiki.aa.org.uk/TalkTalk_Wholesale:FAQ
http://aa.net.uk/kb-broadband-ttbt.html

Happy to answer further questions though.

Andrew Hearn
AAISP Technical Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Adrian
(experienced) Mon 14-Apr-14 17:36:54
Print Post

I moved to AAISP a couple of months ago and I am on the TT back haul. I have had no problems whatsoever and I haven't seen any of the packet loss I was getting on my IDNet BT connection. To be fair to IDNet most, if not all of the packet loss seems to have been down to BT, as has been widely reported.

Adrian

**"Consturbata sunt visera mea"**

Edited by Adrian (Mon 14-Apr-14 17:39:11)

(newbie) Tue 15-Apr-14 21:25:52
Print Post

[re: Adrian] [link to this post]

I was just curious more than anything. I had better speed and latency on my local sky llu than my current plusnet connection until a year ago when I signed with plusnet. Everyone ended up on sky and I guess they are now with plusnet since we had 21cn installed about a year ago as the service has got worse. Nice to see I can maintain my BT/Zen telephone line and still have an LLU connection.
(newbie) Wed 16-Apr-14 20:23:02
Print Post

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/13976...
Lost 1mb of speed but latency has halved and upload has doubled smile
(isp) Wed 16-Apr-14 21:37:28
Print Post

Is that before or after you/we have tweaked the profile? email in to support@aa.net.uk if you'd like us to take a look.

Andrew Hearn
AAISP Technical Support
(newbie) Wed 16-Apr-14 23:17:21
Print Post

I changed the profile with the help of some guys on the irc - it started at 8mb. I'm happy with the speed as its enough for streaming etc, but very happy with the low latency as I do like my X1.

Edited by jjgreenwood (Wed 16-Apr-14 23:19:57)

Standard User mr_flibbles_twin
(committed) Wed 16-Apr-14 23:26:16
Print Post

Migrated to AAISP in Feb and it's great. My exchange is 20CN and I had no idea that TTB was available. So I got a pleasant surprise when my order said TTB and when I went live my download improved massively, not only is it quicker there is no congestion, no throttling, nothing to get in the way of the net experience. Bliss.

It's the first time I have been truly happy with my broadband since I was with UKOnline.

Pricey but worth every penny. smile

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to