User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User IamQ
(experienced) Tue 21-Oct-14 19:01:44
Print Post

ADSL2+ from the cab

[link to this post]

Could anyone at A&A let me know if you can order ADSL2+ ports from the cab rather than the exchange. If you can can you let me know if the cab ports are rented on the same OR terms & conditions as exchange ports and do you have access to things like DLM & TAM tests via the cab.
Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 21-Oct-14 23:00:46
Print Post

Re: ADSL2+ from the cab

[re: IamQ] [link to this post]

ADSL2+ from the cab isn't a released product.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 22-Oct-14 08:25:00
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/6654-asdl2-from-s...

No indications on timescales or pricing, but with testing and specifications being outlined it is just a matter of time for more information to become available

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001 - not sure for how much longer

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 22-Oct-14 12:41:45
Print Post

[re: IamQ] [link to this post]

VERY IMPORTANT

If and when this rolls out, the exchange based ADSL2+ is RAN by BT Wholesale. This new option would be run by Openreach and subsequently sold onto BT Wholesale, Sky and TalkTalk etc which means a lot less visibility and control of the DLM aspects.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User AAuser27
(newbie) Wed 22-Apr-15 15:48:43
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Where as now on BTW and TT the control's we have are mind blowing. I can do everything to my line both ways with a single click. I don't actually know if they work on BTW as nothing i did changed the sync rate but I am going onto TT so it should work then as it's LLU
Standard User eckiedoo
(experienced) Wed 22-Apr-15 18:06:25
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Afternoon Andrew

Aside from the obvious reduction in cable length and thus running ADSLx at closer to their maximum speeds, what other advantages or disadvantages are there in this approach?

==========

It would appear to need something akin to the FTTC/VDSL arrangements in principle etc

Edited by eckiedoo (Wed 22-Apr-15 19:58:35)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 23-Apr-15 13:52:38
Print Post

[re: eckiedoo] [link to this post]

If Openreach can manage to get exchange based ADSL/ADSL2+ turned off then scope for changes to the ANFP that might help VDSL2 and ADSL2+ co-exist.

Plenty of countries don't seem to worry and just go ahead with the roll-outs, but they also don't have the range of firms running DSLAMs

e.g. areas with sub LLU (not many) are likely to never see Vectoring.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to