User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User hutchingsp
(knowledge is power) Sun 03-May-15 20:48:26
Print Post

FTTC - query on router and downtime?

[link to this post]

Currently on Sky Broadband but with a BT phone line (old O2 customer).

I'm contemplating switching to FTTC and Sky is the obvious choice but their line rental is £17/month whilst I believe AAISP can provide a phone line for £10 which would be broadband only which is fine as that's all I use my current one for.

Questions I have are:

What downtime would there be if I wanted to migrate the BT phone line and Sky Broadband to Home 1 FTTC on an AAISP phone line?

Are there any issues that you know of using Sky Go from AAISP - I use this a lot and it's possible the biggest reason I can see to stick with Sky.

What is the FTTC hardware supplied and what is the cost please?

Rough leadtime please?

Any small print or other things to be aware of?

Thanks smile
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 04-May-15 18:14:10
Print Post

Re: FTTC - query on router and downtime?

[re: hutchingsp] [link to this post]

I am with AAISP FTTC. Very happy. By the way re-check the prices as you may find it is £10 plus £25 for broadband plus £10 for FTTC etc.

As for downtime, last month I went from TalkTalk Backhaul ADSL2+ to FTTC (both AAISP). Downtime was about 20-30 mins.

AAISP Home::1
Standard User AAuser27
(regular) Mon 04-May-15 22:34:22
Print Post

Re: FTTC - query on router and downtime?

[re: hutchingsp] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by hutchingsp:
Currently on Sky Broadband but with a BT phone line (old O2 customer).

I'm contemplating switching to FTTC and Sky is the obvious choice but their line rental is £17/month whilst I believe AAISP can provide a phone line for £10 which would be broadband only which is fine as that's all I use my current one for.

Questions I have are:

What downtime would there be if I wanted to migrate the BT phone line and Sky Broadband to Home 1 FTTC on an AAISP phone line?

Are there any issues that you know of using Sky Go from AAISP - I use this a lot and it's possible the biggest reason I can see to stick with Sky.

What is the FTTC hardware supplied and what is the cost please?

Rough leadtime please?

Any small print or other things to be aware of?

Thanks smile

Yes there is an option for a line with outgoing and incoming call bars. I have one. I use Skygo and Virgin Media streaming on my line with no problems at all. It's fantastic quality as is the broadband service and support.

I believe FTTC is £45 for 40/10 with 200GB and £50 for 80/20 so not cheap but worth it. Also worth noting on A&A only download is counted. Upload is recorded on the portal but is not included in the usage allowance.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to