User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 02-Jun-15 18:42:47
Print Post

Pricing

[link to this post]

OK someone had to ask..... Any plans of changing the price of the Home::1 product?
Happy customer but, it is quite expensive.

AAISP Home::1
Standard User AAuser27
(member) Wed 03-Jun-15 09:45:30
Print Post

Re: Pricing

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

I would be surprised. I was told the other day they don't make much of a profit so the prices are required in order to survive.

Home 1 with 200GB and a copper pair makes even VM 152 service at £41 a month look attractive!

I'm moving to Zen as it's £5 a month cheaper for both services and unlimited. A&A are great but I agree, quite expensive.
ISP Representative andrewhearn
(isp) Wed 03-Jun-15 11:57:49
Print Post

We don't have any plans to at the moment, sorry. If your usage fits, then we do believe it it is good value for money with the extra features such as IPv6, Constant line monitoring graphs, congestion management and so on...

Andrew Hearn
AAISP Technical Support
aa.net.uk support@aaisp.net.uk 03333 400 999
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User AAuser27
(member) Wed 03-Jun-15 12:13:15
Print Post

[re: andrewhearn] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by andrewhearn:
We don't have any plans to at the moment, sorry. If your usage fits, then we do believe it it is good value for money with the extra features such as IPv6, Constant line monitoring graphs, congestion management and so on...

Well maybe I will find this to be true and come back to you. But in the real world nothing you have mentioned really makes any difference to me. And it's nothing that this site's own monitor can't replace. f8lure is the same as your graphs anyway
Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 03-Jun-15 16:21:40
Print Post

Re: Pricing *DELETED*

[re: AAuser27] [link to this post]

Post deleted by MrSaffron
Standard User AAuser27
(member) Wed 03-Jun-15 20:05:00
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Nothing expensive about it either. ISP's rise or fall by their level of Support - A&A can not and probably never will be beaten on that score.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 03-Jun-15 21:17:18
Print Post

Re: Pricing *DELETED*

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Post removed for bad language reasons

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ferretuk
(regular) Wed 03-Jun-15 23:51:46
Print Post

[re: andrewhearn] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by andrewhearn:
If your usage fits, then we do believe it it is good value for money

And there's the rub - I'm horrified by the amount of data our household 'consumes'! Two children with iPads watching Youtube videos, working from home occasionally and the odd iPlayer/Netflix viewing takes its toll and 100GB doesn't cut it.

I'd very much like to be an AAISP customer and value the superior service provided so I'm happy to pay a premium but, unfortunately, my pockets aren't that deep and they certainly don't have a hole in the bottom frown

As the Home::1 tariff started at 25GB/month I guess the economics have changed over time, so I continue to look at the AAISP offering occasionally in the hope that the data allowance has been increased. However I fear that the consumption of my digital household will continue to increase at a rate unmatched by their product plans, more's the pity!

Edited by ferretuk (Thu 04-Jun-15 00:17:28)

Standard User stuorguk
(member) Thu 04-Jun-15 01:19:11
Print Post

They have upped the inclusive data at least once on the Home package.

Nothing seems to have changed on the units tariff for a long time. The daytime rates are eye watering. We have to queue up our downloads for the evening.
Standard User clivers
(newbie) Thu 04-Jun-15 14:12:40
Print Post

[re: stuorguk] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by stuorguk:
They have upped the inclusive data at least once on the Home package.

Nothing seems to have changed on the units tariff for a long time. The daytime rates are eye watering. We have to queue up our downloads for the evening.

Sadly usage is on the up and is it really worth the sacrifice?

i have 2 connections just because of the daytime rates. but i think my time is up now!
A move to Zen is looking to be on the cards now.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to