User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Slaphead
(learned) Tue 21-Jul-15 18:18:52
Print Post

Any news on new packages?

[link to this post]

I'm hoping it won't be too long to wait for some good news with regards to the FTTC packages. I know some of this was covered in the recent pricing thread.

If anyone is familiar with the RevK blog: http://www.revk.uk/

This post in June : http://www.revk.uk/2015/06/busy-week.html said 'Then we have some new stuff which I hope we can start next month - no promises, but it may finally mean some new broadband packages which I am quiet sure some people will like. Just watch this space.'

Then this post a little later in June: http://www.revk.uk/2015/06/back-haul.html said 'We may even be able to offer new services soon'

Richard
ISP Representative andrewhearn
(isp) Wed 22-Jul-15 12:22:58
Print Post

Re: Any news on new packages?

[re: Slaphead] [link to this post]

Hi Richard,

We've nothing to announce just yet regarding the hints of a new package that have been dropped in to RevK's blog smile

All I can say at the moment is to watch this space.......

Andrew Hearn
AAISP Technical Support
aa.net.uk support@aa.net.uk 03333 400 999
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Slaphead
(learned) Wed 22-Jul-15 13:00:08
Print Post

[re: andrewhearn] [link to this post]

Andrew,

Thanks for taking the time to reply even if you're not giving much away.

It's nice to know there's something on the horizon. Since the BBC increased the quality of some of their radio streams I'm munching through 1.5Gb a day, quite a hit on the units. Luckily I'm not at home during the day very often.

Richard

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 22-Jul-15 13:44:34
Print Post

There's a piece of kit called a radio that you can get. Or even a radio channel on TV.
tongue wink

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 57676/14040kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User Slaphead
(learned) Wed 22-Jul-15 14:07:39
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Well, either is possible if you're prepared to accept their considerable limitations. DAB is worse quality. TV sound quality is usually dire, you can plug them into the hi-fi but then it's just a big and awkward tuner. Not sure about the quality of the radio signal on Sky / Freeview as I've never used them. Then there's the issue of being able to have it playing in multiple rooms, changing channels is a pain. I'l stick with one stream distributed around the house.

Richard
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 22-Jul-15 15:35:02
Print Post

Re DAB, see this discussion.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 57676/14040kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User stuorguk
(member) Fri 24-Jul-15 12:49:10
Print Post

Since the BBC increased the quality of some of their radio streams I'm munching through 1.5Gb a day, quite a hit on the units.

Oh, so that's why my bill is up. We have to schedule everything to download after 6pm. Didn't realise the radio feed is a problem now too.
Standard User arobertson545
(member) Sat 25-Jul-15 23:21:42
Print Post

[re: stuorguk] [link to this post]

AAISP is expensive, there's no way in getting around that.

If they offered service at a slight premium (emphasis on slight), I would probably switch in a heartbeat. They would also need to offer a landline service with anytime calls - don't really understand why they don't offer this to be honest.

With this I believe they'd attract far more customers which would make up any loss as a result of reduced package costs.
Standard User stuorguk
(member) Sat 25-Jul-15 23:33:33
Print Post

[re: arobertson545] [link to this post]

AAISP are probably happy being a small quality isp. I don't know about other businesses, but our data usage goes up year on year, but the allowances (daytime) have not, so it's starting to hurt.
Standard User arobertson545
(member) Sat 25-Jul-15 23:35:04
Print Post

[re: stuorguk] [link to this post]

It would cost us I think £70 a month and that's without a landline.

That's just ridiculous, I don't know who would pay that.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to