User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User meditator
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 28-Aug-15 16:58:43
Print Post

Can someone here confirm the following?

[link to this post]

Contacted AAISP yesterday, to get some aspects of their FTTC pricing clarified, as I've heard they're a really good ISP and consequently I've been thinking of switching to them.

The basic response I got from their sales section was that a 40M bps FTTC service would cost me £35 + VAT per month. And I wouldn't even get a single e-mail account included with that, either.

Is this correct, as I thought their price was £25 per month, inclusive of VAT? Aren't they supposed to be the deal of the day? But not at the price the sales guy gave me, surely?
Standard User Slaphead
(learned) Fri 28-Aug-15 17:33:15
Print Post

Re: Can someone here confirm the following?

[re: meditator] [link to this post]

You should be able to get the basic Home::1 ADSL service for £25/month (100GB/month allowance)

If you want FTTC then it's an extra £10/month

All details / prices here:

http://aaisp.net.uk/broadband-home1-info.html

That page does state that it doesn't include email.

If you have really low usage you could have their units based package FTTC for £30/month including 2 units. See here:

http://aaisp.net.uk/broadband-prices.html

Richard
Standard User meditator
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 28-Aug-15 18:23:09
Print Post

[re: Slaphead] [link to this post]

Ah, so it really is £35 per month, then, and with no e-mail thrown in. I'm afraid that'll be too expensive for me.

Thanks for letting me know.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 28-Aug-15 19:06:09
Print Post

In reply to a post by meditator:
... a 40M bps FTTC service would cost me £35 + VAT per month.
It's £35 including VAT.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57970/13958kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User ZenUserJP
(member) Fri 28-Aug-15 22:13:01
Print Post

In reply to a post by meditator:
Ah, so it really is £35 per month, then, and with no e-mail thrown in. I'm afraid that'll be too expensive for me.

Thanks for letting me know.

Well you get what you pay for. Zen would be the next logical choice. outside of that you get nasty ISP\s with rubbish support because they are cheap.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 29-Aug-15 02:38:30
Print Post

not sure why you consider en email address a deal breaker for broadband, why would you want an email address tied to a broadband isp? you lose when migrate out.

email addresses can be had for free at gmail/hotmail/yahoo and more places.

If you was paying for an email address, they not particularly expensive either, buy a domain and buy some hosting, very cheap.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 29-Aug-15 10:58:42
Print Post

[re: ZenUserJP] [link to this post]

I looked at AAISP before moving to Pulse8. Im sure their CS is excellent but 35 quid for 100gb is very expensive. Its not difficult to eat 100gb these days if you stream tv/films and play games (1 game download can be 50gb)
Standard User ZenUserJP
(member) Sat 29-Aug-15 13:46:58
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bobble_bob:
I looked at AAISP before moving to Pulse8. Im sure their CS is excellent but 35 quid for 100gb is very expensive. Its not difficult to eat 100gb these days if you stream tv/films and play games (1 game download can be 50gb)

I agree I had a 200GB limit with AAISP and I left them to go to Zen. I have gone a bit mad this month admittedly and I am just about to end the month with Zen on 10TB. On AA I would have been bankrupt.

But since discovering about AA's EoFTTC I have decided to go back to them - pay the extra and have my own line as such.

That sort of line with that sort of support it priceless to me - so what they are asking for worth it.
  Print Thread

Jump to