User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User corsa57
(learned) Mon 29-Feb-16 20:50:31
Print Post

Getting Fibre Broadband

[link to this post]

The following information is provided on the BT Openreach website and has stayed the same for quite some time.
Does coming soon usually mean within a month or two? I understand that an EO line poses a challenge but not an insurmountable one.

Your fibre service is connected from this exchange.

Exchange name: Dornie
Exchange status: Coming soon

Technology: Pending - EO Line
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 29-Feb-16 22:30:29
Print Post

Re: Getting Fibre Broadband

[re: corsa57] [link to this post]

Dornie as in on the exchange ACHILTIBUIE?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User corsa57
(learned) Mon 29-Feb-16 22:34:45
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Don't think that can be right as Achiltibuie is a considerable distance from Dornie.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 29-Feb-16 23:42:28
Print Post

Please can you copy and paste what the BT Wholesale checker sayd for your phone number. That is better for this purpose than the one you are using.

Can we have the table and the line above it, with your phone number removed of course smile.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59504/15641kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User corsa57
(learned) Tue 01-Mar-16 08:18:42
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number on Exchange DORNIE
Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

ADSL Max Up to 8 -- 7 to 8 Available
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC or WBC SOGEA) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

There are no left in jumpers available on this line. This line is on a Market A Exchange.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact the Broadband supplier they want to take service from to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Note: Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.
Thank you for your interest.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 05-Mar-16 18:32:22
Print Post

NSDNI Dornie exchange might (and its a big might) be getting some FTTP for some of the EO lines. When - no idea and in some other areas this has been downgraded to delivering a cabinet with VDSL2 instead.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 05-Mar-16 19:08:33
Print Post

You're better off getting in touch with a fella called Nick Scroggie from Highlands & Islands Enterprise - BDUK authority responsible for the Highlands area. He was very helpful and gave me a fairly accurate go live date for my FTTC cab, just outside of Inverness. I would email him your full address (incl postcode) & tel number.

nick.scroggie@hient.co.uk

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
TalkTalk Business Fibre 80000/19999 kbps