User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User hypertony
(experienced) Fri 05-Aug-16 12:31:48
Print Post

AAISP Price Drop. 02/08/16

[link to this post]

In case you didn't see the announcement about the price drop - see https://aastatus.net/2274

- Tony Sutton
- Check out my Ford Focus ST170 site | View my Car's Dashcam Videos
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 05-Aug-16 13:16:33
Print Post

Re: AAISP Price Drop. 02/08/16

[re: hypertony] [link to this post]

Excellent Tony! Thank you for the Heads up smile smile.

For months (since my term expired in February) I've been pondering migrating away to save a bit but that makes a big difference.

Edit: Sneaky though tongue. The day after invoicing the current month [chuckle] smile.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 05-Aug-16 13:46:49)

Standard User wingco1
(legend) Fri 05-Aug-16 16:22:28
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

As a matter of interest, is there any benefit migrating to AA Home 1 at £35pm, from Plusnets 80/20 unlimited at £22.49 pm?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 05-Aug-16 16:46:57
Print Post

[re: wingco1] [link to this post]

That entirely depends on what each individual regards as benefits or disadvantages.

I chose to move from BT Consumer line typically costing me ~£24.50pm and Plusnet Extra Fibre Unlimited at £19.99 (taken before the £2.50 non-phone surcharge was introduced) to Pulse8 line at £14.00-£14.50 plus AAISP Home::1 100GB at £40.

Taking that down by a fiver makes it not much different, but both my new suppliers have excellent help response. Not that I have needed either much since joining. I did call them a few times before signing up.

I certainly haven't seen any complete cockups like the Plusnet 40/20 >> 55/10 mess, where in most if not all cases they have spent time and money screwing the connections up without saving anything from Openreach. It was all completely unnecessary. They didn't need to do any of the internal jiggery-pokery to adjust the 80/20 throughputs.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Standard User NJSS
(learned) Wed 10-Aug-16 14:50:53
Print Post

[re: hypertony] [link to this post]

Excellent news.

I may be wrong, but I think the A&A website, and the A&A details here need updating to reflect this change.

NJSS

Edited by NJSS (Wed 10-Aug-16 14:53:34)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 10-Aug-16 15:41:29
Print Post

[re: NJSS] [link to this post]

smile
You are wrong about the AAISP, or at least the normal places there that I looked. In general they have simply removed all reference to the FTTC 40/10 product and the £5 upgrade from it. It's just FTTC now.

FTTP is £5 more than FTTC.

Re the Main Site here, I notified them. I just checked and that's also been done.

Edit: I have just found that the AAISP site is self-contradictory on the FTTC Terabyte pricing, and the tbb list has a few errors. I shall be telling both parties.

Edit 2: Email sent to AAISP. I will let tbb know what needs correcting on the Main Site.

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 10-Aug-16 16:23:22)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 10-Aug-16 16:47:57
Print Post

if the AAISP website was contradictory then likely we will have oddities, and until they fix their side no point me trying to guess it is there.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 10-Aug-16 16:54:25
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Which is why I said I would update you once I get the correct version of their site smile. (Edit - ah I didn't make that clear in the post but is what I meant).

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 10-Aug-16 16:55:44)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 11-Aug-16 14:20:43
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

See PM.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 11-Aug-16 14:23:55
Print Post

Following my email to AAISP I received a reply this morning, also covering a query I included about FTTP on TeraByte Home::1.
Thank you for your email.

There have been some changes to our TB service, this does not now require the PSTN to be with us.

Unfortunately we are not able to offer TB services on FTTP.

Thank you for bringing these to our attention, I shall pass this on so that the sites can be updated.
--
Kind regards
xxxxxxxxx

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to