User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User NJSS
(learned) Wed 10-Aug-16 15:44:59
Print Post

Anyone using Draytek Vigor 2860n or similar router with A&A

[link to this post]

I am looking at ADSL migration options, and am very impressed by everything I read & hear about A&A ISP.

I currently use a Draytek Vigor 2860n router for my ADSL line, and when I bought it was told that it would be excellent for VDSL & is "SIN 498 approved".

It would be comforting to know that it functions well with A&A, and better still to have setup details.

NJSS
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 10-Aug-16 16:32:02
Print Post

Re: Anyone using Draytek Vigor 2860n or similar router with

[re: NJSS] [link to this post]

Do you mean you are thinking of joining on FTTC/VDSL2?

Are you looking at the Home::1 package, or at the unit-pricing options? I'm wondering how much you expect to download.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User NJSS
(learned) Wed 10-Aug-16 16:50:57
Print Post

Anyone using Draytek Vigor 2860n or similar router with A&A

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yes, I'm looking at FTTC - their Home : 1 package.

I think that my usage will be less than 100GB per month. It is at present, but with greater speed I may well use more bandwidth.

If I do run over then I can upgrade to the 200GB per month package for another £10 per month.

If I find myself having to pay £45 p.m. I might well be tempted to go to the Home::1 Terabyte package for £50 p.m.

NJSS

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 10-Aug-16 16:59:38
Print Post

The Terabyte package info on their website is self-contradictory about the phone line. See HyperTony's thread about the price drop. I have emailed them.

One thing I didn't ask them though is about the £10 line. Normally with AAISP that does not have POTS telephone service. Though you can get VOIP on it.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 10-Aug-16 18:43:20
Print Post

Yes, it works brilliantly. Make sure to update to the latest firmware using the .RST (i.e new firmware with factory defaults). The 2860 is probably one of the best routers Draytek have brought out for a while.

ZeN Fibre Unlimited 2
Standard User Skilty
(committed) Wed 10-Aug-16 22:28:47
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I have been chatting to them about porting across and the price I was quoted was £61.20 per month for the 1TB package, line rental and VOIP (does not include calls).

There are some one off fees to migrate, think it totals around £30 so I may well move next month once the kids are back at school!

plusnet Fibre > Sky Fibre Pro > Pulse8 Fibre XL - 14ms Ping, Sync ~ 65.78/18.73Mbps - BQM
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 10-Aug-16 22:45:00
Print Post

I haven't had a reply to my email yet, it was sent a bit late to expect a reply today, but for another reason I did something I should have done before - looked at the FAQs on this page.
Can I still use the phone line?
You can have the service attached to your existing normal phone line - you continue to pay your existing phone line provider and can use the line as normal. If you want us to take over or provide the line then it will not allow any phone calls as it is only there for broadband. We can take over a line and port the number to our Voice over IP platform in most cases if you want to continue to use the number.
So that's the same as the normal packages and you would be OK upgrading. But:-
If I have normal FTTC/VDSL on units or Home::1 can I move to this
We can retain login and IP addressing, but the Home::1 VDSL Terabyte package is a new service install and term with the old service subject to cease and early termination charges.

Standard User NJSS
(regular) Tue 27-Sep-16 07:56:10
Print Post

I'm now using a Draytek Vigor 2860n

Just to tidy this thread up.

I migrated to AAISP a couple of weeks ago, using my Draytek Vigor 2860n.

Set up was so simple that no support was needed, and all worked perfectly from day one.

Thanks A&A

NJSS

ISP Representative andrewhearn
(isp) Wed 28-Sep-16 11:48:03
Print Post

Re: I'm now using a Draytek Vigor 2860n

Super. Welcome to A&A!

Andrew Hearn
AAISP
aa.net.uk support@aa.net.uk 033 33 400 999
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to