User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Skilty
(committed) Tue 27-Sep-16 12:28:33
Print Post

Speed Prediction

[link to this post]

So was about to pull the trigger on AAISP for copper only and their 1TB package. My hesitation is the speed checker coming back with 35-80mb when the BT website mentions 64-80mb with a guaranteed 57mb.

I am with Pulse8, had some issues (doubling of latency, x1 dropping down to low 30mb/s, upload being all over the place according to TBB tests) and getting tired after switching out all my kit and being told it is syncing at 61mb/s and is within the prediction (it was syncing at 71mb with 14ms latency).

Any reason why the AAISP speed prediction is so different to TTB and BT? I want the quality of service but don't want to be stuck with 35mb/s fibre!

Cheers

Skilty

plusnet Fibre > Sky Fibre Pro > Pulse8 Fibre XL - 14ms Ping, Sync ~ 65.78/18.73Mbps - BQM
Standard User wingco1
(legend) Tue 27-Sep-16 13:05:19
Print Post

Re: Speed Prediction

[re: Skilty] [link to this post]

I see you have a very clean BQM. No regular latency spikes. Do you know who Pulse8 uses for their fttc?

Standard User Skilty
(committed) Tue 27-Sep-16 15:01:01
Print Post

[re: wingco1] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by wingco1:
I see you have a very clean BQM. No regular latency spikes. Do you know who Pulse8 uses for their fttc?

It's TTB. My issue is that the latency has doubled and I have lost over 10mb download speed, X1 performance has gone from close to x6 (previously in the 60s) down to low-mid 30s.

Speaking to AA they thought it could be the links used by the ISP as TTB backhaul is pretty good

plusnet Fibre > Sky Fibre Pro > Pulse8 Fibre XL - 14ms Ping, Sync ~ 65.78/18.73Mbps - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 27-Sep-16 15:16:18
Print Post

If you're currently synced at 61 meg with P8 then you should more or less get the same with AAISP on any of their up to 80/20 FTTC services. Take the speed checker on AAISP with a large pinch of salt!!

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
TalkTalk Business 80/20
Asus RT-AC5300 with 380.59_HGG-FINAL
My Broadband Quality Monitor
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Standard User Skilty
(committed) Tue 27-Sep-16 16:08:26
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
If you're currently synced at 61 meg with P8 then you should more or less get the same with AAISP on any of their up to 80/20 FTTC services. Take the speed checker on AAISP with a large pinch of salt!!

I was actually toying with the idea of jumping directly to TTB at one point last week although as I understand it AAISP let you mess with some of the line settings etc.

Standard User 23Prince
(member) Tue 27-Sep-16 16:53:48
Print Post

not as much as they do with ADSL from what I can tell.

I am due to jump to TTB tomorrow - got a cracking deal and I need more than 1TB (2TB is a silly price on AAISP)
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 28-Sep-16 10:17:14
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

No line settings to fiddle with on VDSL2, all under Openreach control.

Just three DLM profiles that can be chosen and not sure if they are fixed or controllable via AAISP

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ferretuk
(member) Wed 28-Sep-16 10:21:34
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I'm on Home::1 Terabyte FTTC and there aren't line/profile settings available to change.
ISP Representative andrewhearn
(isp) Wed 28-Sep-16 11:47:36
Print Post

In reply to a post by Skilty:
Any reason why the AAISP speed prediction is so different to TTB and BT? I want the quality of service but don't want to be stuck with 35mb/s fibre!

That is odd, they should not be different, the speed would be the same regardless of the ISP, as the FTTC part is always going to be the same Openreach kit and wires!

Our sales team can take a look in to it in more detail if you want, do let them know.

Andrew Hearn
AAISP
aa.net.uk support@aa.net.uk 033 33 400 999
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 28-Sep-16 12:08:59
Print Post

[re: andrewhearn] [link to this post]

The difference between the clean and impacted predictions?

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to