User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Fri 25-Nov-16 14:59:23
Print Post

Re: Single thread congestion.

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by professor973:
With so much info, it's interesting to see what goes on behind the scenes when we have a fault. An example of the famous OR bum-kick from AA.
http://postimg.org/image/5hc6sp9q3/

Yup - they are good smile
Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Fri 25-Nov-16 15:00:31
Print Post

This one young man! - Not added the 50Gb though - getting ready for next month I expect!
http://postimg.org/image/410oak6t7/

As I read that - it's usable too.for this month Or isn't it?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 25-Nov-16 15:18:15
Print Post

See PM in a mo.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 60000/14463kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Fri 25-Nov-16 16:03:18
Print Post

With so much info, it's interesting to see what goes on behind the scenes when we have a fault. An example of the famous OR bum-kick from AA.
http://postimg.org/image/5hc6sp9q3/

An SFI is required, that seems quite normal if "voice" testing checked out OK - your broadband issue will be escalated and any good ISP would request that.

Are you still using only the test socket, perhaps with a dangle filter for a single corded phone?
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Fri 25-Nov-16 16:39:20
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

Filtration has no danglies for years. Pulse8 ordered many so called Special Faults Engineers. Each one that turned up said there is no such thing "We all do everything" - My problem is neither FTTC OR ADSL2+ specific. A perfect service while on TTB LLU proved no problem from me to exchange. Line checked out OK - NO external wiring, so personally I don't see what the next engineer is going to achieve by another visit here. The problem is the BT supply somewhere as far as I can see or an exchange equipment fault. Though they will not chenge cards etc at the exchange - Special dispensation and all that - Been there tried that when P8 was sure of exchange gear fault. Always at the mercy of OR
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Fri 25-Nov-16 16:57:47
Print Post

Yes unfortunately there is no guarantee that a SFI can fix the issue. I had an SFI visit a few years ago when I had issues with Plusnet BTw ADSL2+ and eventually the only fix was to migrate to xilo TTB SMPF ADSL2+.
(knowledge is power) Fri 25-Nov-16 18:21:15
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

Yes - TTB LLU with Uno has been the only time I avoided this problem. The same via Pulse8 was still a problem. Matt at Uno explained it by Uno routing differently, so it's just pot luck for us punters I think. AA are kicking OR, but OR are the real problem.
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Fri 25-Nov-16 18:30:24
Print Post

Can you not get a service over some other LLU or stuck in contract?
(knowledge is power) Fri 25-Nov-16 18:36:40
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Only just joined AA and they are the only ones that will really kick OR. Up a blind alley really. been round and round and was glad to get back to a BTW based line in a way, at least the system recognises the number, something BT can do when it suits.
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Fri 25-Nov-16 19:06:15
Print Post

AA are kicking OR, but OR are the real problem.

Best of luck with SFI...seems like VDSL is not happy with your copper pair from premises to cabinet - this may have been partially overcome by interleaving?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to