User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Mon 28-Nov-16 10:45:43
Print Post

Re: Single thread congestion.

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Hopefully the line with sort and you will get some more? After all it says you can get max 81.477 Mbps so with overheads etc is 68 the max it will do?
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 28-Nov-16 10:59:54
Print Post

In reply to a post by professor973:
It would be a leap in the dark taking another TTB llu contract, especially with a tie-in.

That's fully understandable.

BtW which AAISP router are you using? If its the Zyxel VMG1312 then its possible the increased error rates on that (compared to a Huawei HG612 modem) might be making your line unstable. In your shoes i would go back to basics by getting an el-cheapo HG612 modem off fleabay or an ECI model if you're on a ECI cab, unlocking it and then either hooking that up to your Zyxel or to an el cheapo TP Link standalone router from your local Argos. You might be surprised how much of a difference decent hardware can make smile

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
TalkTalk Business 80/20
Asus RT-AC5300 with 380.63_HGG-FINAL
My Broadband Quality Monitor
Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Mon 28-Nov-16 11:03:57
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
In reply to a post by professor973:
It would be a leap in the dark taking another TTB llu contract, especially with a tie-in.

That's fully understandable.

BtW which AAISP router are you using? If its the Zyxel VMG1312 then its possible the increased error rates on that (compared to a Huawei HG612 modem) might be making your line unstable. In your shoes i would go back to basics by getting an el-cheapo HG612 modem off fleabay or an ECI model if you're on a ECI cab, unlocking it and then either hooking that up to your Zyxel or to an el cheapo TP Link standalone router from your local Argos. You might be surprised how much of a difference decent hardware can make smile

I have 612's for both sides and a Billion 8800NL - that's something worth considering unless Gigaports are the requirement

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Mon 28-Nov-16 11:10:38
Print Post

Have an unlocked BT modem here from my last stint on FTTC, but I cannot remember the IP address to monitor it. Reset has not put it back to 192.168.1.1 and port two does not seem to be working for monitoring. That said, it works, either with the ZyXel or one of my other routers here.
You are spot on with the ZyXel racing to stupid high speeds and creating problems. It has got to the point of re-syncs again. With or without the BT modem, my TP-Link TD-W9980 VDSL2+ modem router runs lower at 52Mbps and stays there rock solid. I have put the ZyXel back in line after struggling on my own over the weekend, in the hope it will help AAISP sort my problem, though I feel the ZyXel is not going to keep this line stable - Horses for courses and routers for ISPs lol For instance, I tried my retail HomeHub4R behind the BT modem and the blue average laency was off the top of the TBB BQM and totally unusable. Just have to wait for the Fritzbox to arrive.

Edited by professor973 (Mon 28-Nov-16 11:11:20)

Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 28-Nov-16 11:23:50
Print Post

I like to use my own DSL equipment (prefer separate xdsl modem & router) and just keep the ISP supplied router as a backup. Understandably many people prefer an all-in-one unit, here's a comprehensive list:

http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,14436.0.html

I would stay away from Asus or Zyxel all-in-ones. Billion, Draytek, Netgear and TP Link all produce very good combo routers.

TalkTalk Business 80/20
Asus RT-AC5300 with 380.63_HGG-FINAL
My Broadband Quality Monitor
Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Mon 28-Nov-16 11:36:11
Print Post

He could have my Billion if I could get it to him. I have a Linksys load balancer doing both at the moment and it's fairly new so should last me a few years.

I've got the TT one in case I need to do any trouble shooting.
(knowledge is power) Mon 28-Nov-16 11:46:13
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Had the 8800NL once. Now back to sync every minute ot two. Hope to have heard from AA by now, but have to pull the thing again - Useless on this line.
http://postimg.org/image/3r2t22nwb/
(knowledge is power) Mon 28-Nov-16 11:55:48
Print Post

I did try the BT moden into the WAN port of my old Billion 7800N. Rock solid when you can get the WAN configuration sorted, which I could not. Was a right pain last time and cannot remember the exact settings I had. Remember Adam from Pulse8 on the phone trying to help with the settings and it beat us both. I hit on it by luck later, but not this time. I unloaded the Billion VDSL modem router I had as had trouble with latency spiked - An admitted fault. Regret it though.

Edited by professor973 (Mon 28-Nov-16 11:57:17)

Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Mon 28-Nov-16 11:56:12
Print Post

Indeed that's not good at all. I do like the way AA say who cleared the fault - accountability is good with them as you well know by now smile

The only reason I am with someone else and not with them is the limits - 1TB just wouldn't be enough. I've managed to get into the router which is dedicated to the TV and I've done over 1TB on IPTV in the past 24 days.

The downfall of not paying the TV licence and having it all on demand i suppose.
(knowledge is power) Mon 28-Nov-16 12:09:30
Print Post

But like the days of not needing a tv license to watch satellite tv, they just move the goalposts as they now have done, so license required for catch-up. But they have to catch you. Considering they have no right of entry, NO equipment to trace use, despite claims to the contrary ( A little like the empty detector vans that made folks run out for a license). All they can do is trick folk into admitting use on the doorstep. Not one conviction from the empty detector vans. Bit OT but -
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2445153/Are-...
Pages in this thread: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to