User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | [18] | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 05-Dec-16 18:44:48
Print Post

Re: Single thread congestion.

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Change name by Deed Poll to Nigel Farage.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 60000/15321kbps @ 600m. - IPv4-BQM,Dissed New IPv6 BQM, Even newer BQM
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Mon 05-Dec-16 20:33:43
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

So young man - You don't think I take enough stick here? lol
Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Tue 06-Dec-16 13:13:35
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Get a room dudes..

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 06-Dec-16 15:09:16
Print Post

Merry Christmas to you too, 23.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 60000/15355kbps @ 600m. - IPv4-BQM, IPv6-BQM
Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Tue 06-Dec-16 16:39:36
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks, Same to you - but please still get a room laugh
(knowledge is power) Sat 14-Jan-17 15:52:10
Print Post

An update to what has become a long thread. Disconnections, loss of sync and long outages have continued as usual while I was north of the border for a month. Yesterday, Shaun once again booked an OR engineer for this afternoon, with instructions to do a thorough investigation and to phone AA from here if no fix. So, Trevor the engineer stuck at it for two or three hours from here and the cab to pinpoint severe insulation loss on one leg. Guess where it was - A clue is, that I now have the pavement marked in the same spot it was in mid 2015 5m the other side of last pole, with an order for walkway chamber, trunking and cable to pole top and replacement of poor junction box at pole top once again. I must have had three dozen visits here and all engineers were given the history, as were several ISPs, but walked away when the phone side tested OK, with ISPs saying 'nothing we can do'. Cost me a fortune in cease fees, connection fees and routers. Once done, that just leaves a few yards of copper to the second pole to check out if problems continue, but looks like progress once again at last, though my AA control page shows BT are still trying to claim the problem is congestion - No change there
then!

Edited by professor973 (Sat 14-Jan-17 23:47:33)

Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Sat 14-Jan-17 21:03:13
Print Post

Well, you have the best on the case and IMO if AA can't sort it - no one can.
(knowledge is power) Sun 15-Jan-17 23:41:33
Print Post

Well it's been no one can/will for two years. After a wet weekend my service is unusable this evening. Problem listed as a PAT fault again where OR can sit on it for ever more. just about had a belly full of it now! http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/6bff238f7fb...
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Mon 16-Jan-17 17:05:13
Print Post

Eek!

I totally know where you are coming from. I had this in the past, drove me sodding nuts!. I am sure AA can send you a sim or something to use in the meantime?
(knowledge is power) Mon 06-Feb-17 17:55:54
Print Post

Well three months of AA hammering Openreach like no other supplier would. today saw the proposed date for the dig put off again. Near on two years of refusing to repair. My line a mess at times, especially this week with bad weather. Peed off now and close to putting an axe to cable running up last pole. OR playing the same old game of trying to make an ISP give up the will to live. http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/a930b54d461...
Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | [18] | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to