User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User hypertony
(experienced) Mon 06-Feb-17 19:36:45
Print Post

Re: Single thread congestion.

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

What was their excuse for cancelling it?

- Tony Sutton
- Check out my Ford Focus ST170 site | View my Car's Dashcam Videos
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Mon 06-Feb-17 22:55:16
Print Post

[re: hypertony] [link to this post]

None. According to my AA control page, they have put off giving a date for the work for another week. Been like that since mid 2015. Another property near me has had the pavement marked near last pole for well over a year also. Just seem to refuse to do the dig and repair. Wet weather sent it crazy this evening. Luckily I am at our other property, or I would have gone more than crazy with someone, getting beyond the joke now and as far as I am concerned nothing can be too severe for Openreach reorganization.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/a930b54d461...

Edited by professor973 (Mon 06-Feb-17 23:06:58)

Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Tue 07-Feb-17 08:53:55
Print Post

My guess would be OR cant be bothered going to the (assuming) huge expensive of digging up a road just to fix 1 property.

Reliable Internet access needs to be listed the same as gas and electric as an essential service. If your electricity supply was dodgy like that they would soon dig up the road to fix it, so why is broadband/fibre different?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative andrewhearn
(isp) Tue 07-Feb-17 09:40:16
Print Post

Re: Single thread congestion. (Update from the ISP)

Wow this is a long thread! smile

Just to say that Shaun our escalation manager is and has been dealing with this fault. It's escalated within BT and our thread with BT is long, but not quite as long as this forum thread! Shaun has been adding notes to the control page regarding his communications with BT.

The service has quite good sync (+65Mb/s), but often looses sync and drops the connection and reconnects a minute or so afterwards. Some days are fine but most days see either a couple or up to 20 or so drops throughout the day.

The line requires dig work in order to be fixed, and oddly the dig work was originally scheduled for 2015 but didn't seem to have happened then! -this was before the line was with us.

Shaun is chasing and chasing and chasing and doing his best. We will get this fixed!

Andrew Hearn
AAISP
aa.net.uk support@aa.net.uk 033 33 400 999
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Skilty
(committed) Tue 07-Feb-17 10:14:11
Print Post

[re: andrewhearn] [link to this post]

And that is why AAISP are rated as the premier fibre provider. Try getting that information out of any other provider!

No I am not with AAISP but fair play to them!

plusnet Fibre > Sky Fibre Pro > Pulse8 Fibre XL - 14ms Ping, Sync ~ 65.78/18.73Mbps - BQM
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Tue 07-Feb-17 10:17:25
Print Post

[re: Skilty] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Skilty:
And that is why AAISP are rated as the premier fibre provider. Try getting that information out of any other provider!

No I am not with AAISP but fair play to them!

It's also why they say if they can't fix it they will let you go. Which i am sure rarely happens.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 07-Feb-17 10:52:51
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

The thing is that if happy with AAISP in other respects, there's little point in taking advantage of being allowed to leave without penalty if in a minimum term, as sure as eggs is eggs if they can't get Openreach to budge no ISP can.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
(knowledge is power) Tue 07-Feb-17 11:29:57
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

As I said, Shaun at AA is really hammering Openreach every day. I can see his words to them on my control page, but they just keep saying we will give a date next week every week, along with deliberately parking it as a PAT fault where they can take as long as they like.
(knowledge is power) Tue 07-Feb-17 11:46:44
Print Post

[re: andrewhearn] [link to this post]

Yes Andrew, I have already commented on Shaun's relentless hammering of Openreach, but they are beyond the pale, insisting a fault that is service effecting be categorised as a PAT fault, where they can take for ever. This has caused me a lot of aggravation and expense with several ISPs. A&A reputation is my last hope of resolution, with the service coming up to expectation. Just a pity the same cannot be said of OR.

Edited by professor973 (Tue 07-Feb-17 14:42:04)

Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Tue 07-Feb-17 12:10:56
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
The thing is that if happy with AAISP in other respects, there's little point in taking advantage of being allowed to leave without penalty if in a minimum term, as sure as eggs is eggs if they can't get Openreach to budge no ISP can.

Agreed, but being happy with them in lots of places but having a shocking connection, for most wouldn't be a reason to stay?
Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to