User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | [20] | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 07-Feb-17 12:28:20
Print Post

Re: Single thread congestion. (Update from the ISP)

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Other than going to satellite or wireless broadband you end up with even more aggro if anything else goes wrong. Plus possible script-monkeys.

What happens if his line gets banded a lot lower than already?

How soon to give up?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 07-Feb-17 12:28:41)

Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Tue 07-Feb-17 14:01:58
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

No idea, but as always you raise a good point.
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Tue 14-Feb-17 17:22:30
Print Post

[re: Skilty] [link to this post]

Info and effort from AA is superb. Unfortunately, every week OR break their word of a date for a fix. ISPs can scream and shout as much as they like, but while OpenReach incorrectly categorise as a PAT fault that does not effect service, there is nothing much any ISP can do if OR dig their heels in as they have been doing since 2015!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User _Resonance_
(member) Tue 21-Feb-17 12:39:20
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Not read the whole thread, so you might have tried already, but what about contacting your MP and getting them to have a word with Openreach?

BT Infinity 2
(knowledge is power) Tue 21-Feb-17 18:27:43
Print Post

[re: _Resonance_] [link to this post]

A thought, but doubt they would take any more notice than they are my ISP, who is hammering them like no other. AA give a guarantee of a fix in a month or leave for free. Now near four months into six month minimum contract. I will bet the dig not done at the end of six months, as been ongoing since 2015. Line OK at the moment, but rain forecast later this week, so expect it to go tits up in a day or two again.
Standard User _Resonance_
(member) Tue 21-Feb-17 18:45:54
Print Post

Might be worth a try professor. I know some people have had success with companies after going down the MP route. They seem to change their tune when someone who might be voting in the future on legislation that could effect them gets involved.

BT Infinity 2
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 21-Feb-17 19:49:18
Print Post

[re: _Resonance_] [link to this post]

+1

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65258/14193Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
(knowledge is power) Wed 22-Feb-17 01:04:46
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Well update promised for later today, but I am taking bets again. Just had a ten minute outage which ruined a big online poker game. http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/8ae5b024e05...

Edited by professor973 (Wed 22-Feb-17 10:35:23)

ISP Representative andrewhearn
(isp) Wed 22-Feb-17 11:00:18
Print Post

In reply to a post by professor973:
Well update promised for later today, but I am taking bets again. Just had a ten minute outage which ruined a big online poker game. Whatever the outcome, will not be staying here, especially if no repair, I will go cheap unlimited and at least be able to stream 4K. Been down here barely 6 days and already used over 30Gb from my 150Gb and done nothing out of the ordinary, just stream a couple of football matches and a few races over the weekend.

We are a little disheartened to hear that you''ll be leaving, however we won't let that prevent us from dealing with this fault to the best of our ability smile. Shaun, our escalation manager here has been chasing BT for updates, passing them on and has escalated it with BT to to top. As you say, we're currently wanting for the next update at 6pm today, and if we fail to get that we'll be back on to BT at 6:01pm.

The 30G over 6 days is near to the 150G over a month, but 150G is our entry level tariff and we have lots of options to increase this.

We'll carry on dealing with this fault and updating you.

Andrew Hearn
AAISP
aa.net.uk support@aa.net.uk 033 33 400 999
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 22-Feb-17 11:54:40
Print Post

[re: andrewhearn] [link to this post]

This PAT fault thing is patently ridiculous, isn't it Andrew smile ?

AUIU it means it is classified as non-service-affecting. But it clearly is and has been for ages. In particulary this time, when a legitimate online activity has been broken, and could potentially have cost the user.

If anyone is worried about it being poker, how about bridge? A pound a point at rubber bridge is high stakes by my standards. Professionals play at much higher than that.

Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65258/14193Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | [20] | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to