User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | [21] | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Thu 23-Feb-17 11:51:42
Print Post

Re: Single thread congestion. (Update from the ISP)

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I wouldnt leave if i was him. Moving to a budget ISP your issue certainly wont ever get fixed. AAISP are the best if any to sort this out.

Do you actually know for certain what the issue is? I know you have had alot of engineers out but is there an concensus as to the problem?

Edited by bobble_bob (Thu 23-Feb-17 11:52:02)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 23-Feb-17 11:52:40
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

You've replied to me?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65258/14193Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Thu 23-Feb-17 13:03:22
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

The problem was diagnosed as an underground earth fault in 2015. Openreach have refused to do the planned dig ever since. Just promised dates that are ignored. The extremely poor insulation/resistance on one leg underground at the same spot was confirmed by an engineer again this year. Once again, dig, walkway chamber, duct, last pole block and tail booked in again, but no action. Permission to dig went in to the local council in August 2015, so see very little excuse, other than it's listed as a non service effecting PAT fault that Openreach can sit on as long as they like, no matter how loud any ISP squeals. AA doing plenty of kicking and complaining for the last near four months. As far as I am concerned, Openreach deserve all the reorganization and splitting they get.

Edited by professor973 (Thu 23-Feb-17 13:04:48)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(knowledge is power) Thu 23-Feb-17 14:12:28
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Original 2015 job number still waiting on Last pole!
https://postimg.org/image/i1wgwgih1/

Pavement still waiting two years on for walkway chamber!
https://postimg.org/image/okxkfnvz5/
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 23-Feb-17 14:54:17
Print Post

Not wishing to rattle your cage but ..
Original 2015 job number still waiting on Last pole!
https://postimg.org/image/i1wgwgih1/

.. is NOT a job number, that is the 9 digit EIN (UIN) Employee Identification Number and date of the last engineer to climb the pole, part of the pre-climb checks engineers make.

The second is a mark up for a dig and a box. What the next engineer needs to do is to chase this up with the local dig lead.

Standard User Ancient_Mariner
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 23-Feb-17 15:39:51
Print Post

Do you live in Wales by any chance?

Cheers!

Clive

Andrews & Arnold FTTC
DrayTek Vigor 2920Vn

Andrews & Arnold Data SIM
HUAWEI E5776
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 23-Feb-17 16:10:22
Print Post

[re: Ancient_Mariner] [link to this post]

Do you live in Wales by any chance?

Well the engineer who last climbed the pole in in his post was based in Bury St Edmunds, so maybe not.

Standard User Ancient_Mariner
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 23-Feb-17 18:43:21
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Yes, that would be a long ladder.

I asked because I have a high level BT contact who lives nearby.

Cheers!

Clive

Andrews & Arnold FTTC
DrayTek Vigor 2920Vn

Andrews & Arnold Data SIM
HUAWEI E5776
(knowledge is power) Thu 23-Feb-17 20:50:50
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

And not wishing to rattle yours, but there have been at least two dozen engineers up that pole since then! - Either way and hair-splitting apart, the wait is unacceptable. There is another property a hundred yards or so from me, that has also had the last pole and pavement marked for around the same length of time. They just don't seem to want to patch up the old copper, especially if you are not a BT customer. AA have pushed this to HLE and onto DSP planning and still no action, so can't see what an engineer can do. next promised update tomorrow and taking bets again!
As I predicted earlier in the week. bad weather arrived and starting to go tits up again.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/3f6ff2b0cbf...

Edited by professor973 (Thu 23-Feb-17 21:11:38)

Standard User partial
(experienced) Thu 23-Feb-17 21:15:17
Print Post

Surely if the circuit has low insulation to earth, AA can simply raise a fault? They will be able to see this when they test the line.

Earth on underground cables are usually pretty terminal and an end game fault, Not something that is going to be kicking around for years on a patrol fault. More likely is a low insulation to battery but AA should be able to see this too.

What fault are AA detecting?

Edited by partial (Thu 23-Feb-17 21:25:09)

Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | [21] | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to