User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | [22] | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User partial
(experienced) Thu 23-Feb-17 21:29:41
Print Post

Re: Single thread congestion. (Update from the ISP)

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

If it don't begin with an 8, treat advice with caution. wink
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 23-Feb-17 21:42:17
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

frown
Have you understood anything in the thread?

This is a multi-year, multi-engineer diagnosis, multi-follow-up engineer no fault found, multi-ISP, multi-wholesaler problem. The OP has only been with AAISP for a few months, paying high charges out of desperation and relying on their reputation. Plus their promise to release you if they can't get a line fault fixed in 30 days.

Even a single recent post should give you some idea what is going on. Openreach simply do intend to bother.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65258/14193Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User partial
(experienced) Thu 23-Feb-17 21:49:50
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yes. I understand cable faults reasonably well having spent over 30 years investigating them.

I also understand what patrol faults are and what low insultion faults are. AA will also know what an earth fault looks like and will have no problem raising a fault.

Which is why I ask what they are detecting on test.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 23-Feb-17 22:20:06
Print Post

What you are not understanding is that everyone has known for years where the fault is located. Openreach are simply refusing to do anything about it.

There are plenty of quotes by the OP in the thread what Openreach are saying to AA and some posts by their rep..

Do you think AA would still be pursuing this if they thought Openreach were right to tell all ISPs who have been involved - "Get lost, it can wait".

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65258/14193Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Thu 23-Feb-17 22:31:46
Print Post

AA have had a fault raised for near four months, just like several previous ISPs, but just broken promises from Openreach.
Standard User partial
(experienced) Thu 23-Feb-17 22:40:43
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Everybody?

This is a very curious case.

A patrol fault? Dozens of techs up the pole with a two year old test label? An earth on the circuit kicking around for years that isn't being detected by the line tester?

Very curious fault.
Standard User partial
(experienced) Thu 23-Feb-17 22:42:06
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

If there has been a live fault on the circuit for 4 months, AA must be picking up compo?

What fault is AA detecting at the moment? is it an earth?
(knowledge is power) Thu 23-Feb-17 22:45:54
Print Post

I think the info on my AA control page is supposed to be confidential, but to defend AA, the following is a direct cut and paste from one day on my page. It is typical of how hard Shaun at AA is pushing and is nowhere his most forceful comment to BT.
Note Oh WOW the service is not working, it is dropping sync something 20 times a day. BT have agreed that work needs doing on the UG feed yet since 2015 have not done it. This is unacceptable and I want this escalated to the next level immediately.

24 Jan Note once again you have passed the fault back for a retest knowing fully well THAT YOU HAVE NOT FIXED IT! are you doing this on purpose or do you have such a broken fault repair process that does this? it's not clever and it's not funny. stop doing this and keep the fault in your queue until such time that we are all happy that the fault has been fixed. Understood?

Hoping I don't get a slap for reposting comments from AA to BT, but need to make folks aware, that AA are pushing like no other, not that BT have responded much differently to other ISPs. After all, we got as far as applying for dig permission in August 2015.

Edited by professor973 (Thu 23-Feb-17 23:05:35)

(knowledge is power) Thu 23-Feb-17 22:50:17
Print Post

Don't ask me - Ask AA or the two engineers whose gear diagnosed it.
Engineer Trevor Carter's report 16th Jan.
***Please see additional information Pqt ok but low insulation and int Rect loop in cable from dp 85 to dp 89 . A55 for jf4 and duct at base of dp89 for block and tail . so there you are Mr. engineer. Chase him up, I have his works provided mobile number if you like. A darned good engineer, who promised to see this fault kept open until fixed. Also phones me regularly for update! 'Patrolling' the floor of the exchange of little use here!

Edited by professor973 (Fri 24-Feb-17 07:33:50)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 23-Feb-17 23:16:18
Print Post

What is life like as a dedicated apologist for a monopoly-conscious megalith? You may truly believe that you are right, but so did the flat-earthers.

And don't quote Virgin Media or niche startups. Neither approaches the power and spread of "BT Group", with free infrastructure.

Openreach is a monopoly protected by a giant. It knows it, and it responds in the way such do.
Edit - typo.

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 24-Feb-17 00:20:52)

Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | [22] | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to