User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | [24] | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User AndyHCZ
(experienced) Fri 24-Feb-17 15:08:13
Print Post

Re: Single thread congestion. (Update from the ISP)

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Why should Openreach compensate you? You're not their customer.

The same way if you take Tesco Mobile and there is a problem with O2's network. Tesco Mobile compensate you, not O2 as you have no contract or service agreement with O2.

In your case, the ISP should be claiming compensation if you have a fault raised with Openreach and it's not fixed within the SLA. For each day a FTTC fault is not fixed within the service agreement (excluding matters beyond reasonable control), an ISP is entitled to one month's FTTC line rental. This is capped at a maximum of 60 days, but that can be worth several hundred pounds.

It is a very reasonable question to ask A&A if they have received compensation for your ongoing fault. If they haven't, why not? If they have received compensation, why has something not been passed on to you?
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Fri 24-Feb-17 15:12:49
Print Post

[re: andrewhearn] [link to this post]

Undecided as yet Andrew. What is a certainty, is I will leave if no fix at the end of six months. While I am back and fourth between our two properties I just about get by with usage if I don't stream 4K or Amazon prime. Family horses at end of rest period and once racing starts again soon, I will be streaming much more sport and uploading a lot of video. Unlimited BB and AA service for what I am paying now would be my absolute maximum outlay and superb, but there is a limit to what I will put into broadband while Openreach don't bother with a decent service. I would never doubt AA pushing for a fix whatever I intend - A working service and getting by on allowance is what will decide.

Edited by professor973 (Fri 24-Feb-17 16:26:41)

Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Fri 24-Feb-17 16:16:21
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
What is life like as a dedicated apologist for a monopoly-conscious megalith? You may truly believe that you are right, but so did the flat-earthers.

As the saying goes: 'Don't bite the hand that feeds you.'.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(knowledge is power) Fri 24-Feb-17 16:28:54
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

And the end user can whistle with [censored] all passed on?? - I should cocoa!
(knowledge is power) Fri 24-Feb-17 16:30:58
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

But what about the hand that feeds the ISP AND Openreach? - They can whistle in the wind without the product they pay for - Little wonder at the churn!
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 24-Feb-17 17:42:14
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

My guess is that there is no 'hard' fault, in fact there cannot be, as one can't raise a PAT fault if it doesn't test OK to SIN349.

To get digs and the like arranged when via an SFI task is the very devil itself ...... Even if one does it often gets closed off as someone just RAT tests it and shuts it down.

(knowledge is power) Fri 24-Feb-17 19:56:04
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Yes - been there and seen that. An intermittent fault, even one that's service effecting that is not playing up when the engineer visits, will always get the 'No fault'verdict and just walk away. Even in a case like mine, where the engineer can see up to 20 disconnections a few minutes apart on a wet day, as well as registering an underground fault on their equipment, they still insist upon classing the problem as a non-service effecting PAT fault where they can take years in my case to do the repair - Then as you say, someone quietly deletes the job. That is the rubbish way Openreach is run. In my case, they have point blank refused requests from AA for the job to be correctly categorized. All the time trying to force the ISP to close the job until they give up the will to live. This has cost me a lot of aggravation with previous ISPs and expense in cease and connection fees. Knowing where the fault is, the only options I have if a repair is not done, is to move to a cheap supplier, or chop the last pole tail as I have threatened and put the whole street out. Then to end a perfect day after booking a week in Benidorm, it seems my Rolex Sea Dweller has gained at least two hours, as it's teling me it's 8:00pm, when I know for a fact that AA are going to update me by 6:00pm!

Edited by professor973 (Fri 24-Feb-17 20:00:48)

Standard User partial
(experienced) Fri 24-Feb-17 20:51:57
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

AA charge a hefty premium for this 'support'?

Shocking.

I would be seriously worried if I were paying way over the odds for this, at best, unprofessional behaviour.
(knowledge is power) Fri 24-Feb-17 21:05:28
Print Post

Openreach ignorance has been ongoing for near two years with my underground fault and near four months with AA. What are you supposed to do after being polite, reason and all promises are ignored. Another OR update by 6:00pm tonight ignored. All I can say they are lucky they are not dealing with me direct! I see nothing unprofessional in asking OR if they think it's funny or understand after continually letting customers down.

Edited by professor973 (Fri 24-Feb-17 21:28:47)

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Fri 24-Feb-17 21:17:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by partial:
AA charge a hefty premium for this 'support'?

Shocking.

I would be seriously worried if I were paying way over the odds for this, at best, unprofessional behaviour.
So you have switched from defending the indefensible to attacking the innocent ISP. Cute.
Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | [24] | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to