User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | [25] | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User partial
(experienced) Fri 24-Feb-17 21:39:42
Print Post

Re: Single thread congestion. (Update from the ISP)

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

On the contrary. I have simply asked reasonable questions about this curious fault and have yet benefit from any answers to be able to offer any diagnosis whether defensible or otherwise.

This is a very curious fault that started with single thread congestion and has developed into all sorts of things including a 'serious earth fault' that appears to undetectable to the line testers.

AA's unique premium priced style of support simply makes it more 'interesting'.

Edited by partial (Fri 24-Feb-17 21:41:06)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 24-Feb-17 21:41:22
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by partial:
AA charge a hefty premium for this 'support'?

Shocking.

I would be seriously worried if I were paying way over the odds for this, at best, unprofessional behaviour.
Yes.

It's no wonder AAISP consistently get the lowest support ratings and highest overall ratings year after year after year, and are well known everywhere but in your household for being able to get Openreach to act when no other ISP can. (Not).

I really can't understand how they stay in business. Or why you didn't set up as an ISP years ago and have trounced the market. (Actually I have no difficulty whatsoever in understanding both of those).

How many years has the OP had this fault?
How many times has it been diagnosed and repair jobs raised?
How many ISPs using pussy-footing "yes sir, no sir" handling of Openreach have failed to have it corrected?
Have you accessed the conventionally worded complaints AA have earlier sent to Openreach over the last four or five months, which have in the past resulted in yet again a valid diagnosis, job to rectify booked, then cancelled for no good reason?
How many of the OP's neighbours also have duff connections?

Which ISP do you suggest to the OP will finally get this resolved? Or is making helpful suggestion completely alien to your way of thinking?

Have you a way to get the fault fixed? You could make a lot of money if you could do better than AA at getting Openreach to handle problems.

Do they pay you to disparage users and ISP methods?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65258/14193Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 24-Feb-17 21:44:24
Print Post

A little reading and a simple examination of the OP's posting history, which any experience member of these forums wishing to help would have carried out, would show you how simplistically you have posted in this thread.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65258/14193Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Fri 24-Feb-17 22:57:15
Print Post

Look back to my Pulse8 days and you will see I had this error and disconnection problem AS WELL as single thread problems. Look back to the start of this thread and you will see AA SORTED single thread problems that followed me within a couple of days. http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/aaisp/t/4516661-re-... The thread has since continued with the underground fault, which understandably confuses some of you that prefer to find fault over looking back over the thread. As for your elusive 'Information', I have stated dozens of times that the bad insulation and earth loop problems are INTERMITTENT during periods of wet weather, just as I forecvast a couple of days ago. What do you not understand about an intermittent fault?

Edited by professor973 (Fri 24-Feb-17 23:24:42)

(knowledge is power) Sat 25-Feb-17 12:26:23
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Whoo - Better news Bob. Below is part of an Email I have had from Shaun this morning - Busy beavering away on a weekend despite being out of the office until mid-next week.
The new duct work has been planned and it has a completion date of Wednesday 01/03/17. The DSO have emailed the contractors to advise this is an escalation and to ensure the work goes ahead without any delays.
At last Openreach have been pushed into action by what is considered one of, if not the best ISP. Thank you Shaun and AA, who seem to have even resolved the silly PAT fault situation and fingers crossed for next week. All of the above makes me reconsider the importance of 4K video over a good ISP.
Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Sat 25-Feb-17 12:51:00
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Hope everything works out and OR dont cancel this job laugh
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 25-Feb-17 13:09:23
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Fingers crossed indeed.

Good luck!

(knowledge is power) Sat 25-Feb-17 13:18:17
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

Yeah, hoping not canceled again and that it fixed the insulation/earth loop. If not, it will be between new walkway chamber and penultimate pole. After that everything ducted and easier, so fingers along with everything else than can be crossed.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 25-Feb-17 17:18:58
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

I would imagine they are originally polite, and that tone is after inadequate responses from openreach.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 25-Feb-17 17:24:19
Print Post

it beats the chinese whispers games other isps play. Most isps I expect would give up.

I notice how you trying to shift the subject onto aaisp's conduct to get away from openreach just plainly refusing to spend money to fix a problem.

This to me is significant evidence as to why openreach need splitting up from BT.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | [25] | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to