User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | [26] | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 25-Feb-17 17:25:34
Print Post

Re: Single thread congestion. (Update from the ISP)

[re: partial] [link to this post]

the remote line testers are not 100%, they far from it, they designed to even pass tests when a fault exists to save money on repairs.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 25-Feb-17 17:26:40
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

or someone got embarrassed by the information made public here and decided to authorise the expense smile

Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Sat 25-Feb-17 17:46:40
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Saying as it is, is the only way in my book - Not that it wins you many friends.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Sat 25-Feb-17 17:56:59
Print Post

Exactly correct.There are many inadequate responses I could repost, but I think most have caught on to the level of OR service. Polite and professional and not giving up like others have. But after being taken for a mug several times, just like poker, you need to play aggressive and call the bluff. At the end of the day, I hope this is nothing but positive publicity for AA, along with something of note for others with intermittent faults. If your line is not playing up when an engineer visits, they will proclaim nothing wrong and try to force the ISP to close the fault, even when they can see many losses of sync and faulty copper showing on test equipment. With a PAT fault, it may take longer than their guarantee of a fix in a month, but AA are still the best bet for a fix.

Edited by professor973 (Sat 25-Feb-17 17:59:32)

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Sat 25-Feb-17 18:05:15
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Haven't you worked out where you need to tip a few buckets of water not long before you expect an engineer visit?

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016)
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 25-Feb-17 18:08:54
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

Good thinking smile.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65258/14193Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Sat 25-Feb-17 18:26:31
Print Post

What you have to understand is that the remote line tester software is written by the absolute best programmers in the world. Anybody that can write software that will run faultlessly on a patently broken line has got to be brilliant!

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016)
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User AndyHCZ
(experienced) Sat 25-Feb-17 20:52:17
Print Post

There are various complaint channels an ISP can use if they are unhappy. I would like to know if these were exhausted.

Being unprofessional in business doesn't get you anywhere.
Standard User AndyHCZ
(experienced) Sat 25-Feb-17 20:54:05
Print Post

You have any evidence of this claim?
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 25-Feb-17 21:02:13
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

to post it with evidence that would give it credibility not without someone losing their job.

We do know of course that in cases where engineers have decided to ignore passed tests and do manual diagnosis, faults have been found such as corroded joints which JDSU and remote line tests fail to pick up.

Edited by Chrysalis (Sat 25-Feb-17 21:03:39)

Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | [26] | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to