User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 23-Nov-16 19:30:41
Print Post

Re: Single thread congestion.

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Seeing as even on the clearly TTB terabyte products the line rental is optional, and other supplier's lines can be used, I'd be fairly sure that is SMPF. Maybe if you take their line it is MPF but I don't know.

The OP has specifically said a few times his line is with Pulse8, like mine. Definitely WLR3.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 60000/14463kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Wed 23-Nov-16 21:42:49
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I honestly didn't know that how it all works.

Is it worth the P8 line when AA do one themselves?

I see it's £6 a month with P8 but £10 for AA.
Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Wed 23-Nov-16 21:46:36
Print Post

Isn't the 49.50 migration fee a bit steep? No contract or otherwise considering what they pay is it fair they charge 3 times as much?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 23-Nov-16 22:00:02
Print Post

Pulse8 phone is £6 when bundled with Pulse8 broadband. Without Pulse8broadband it is £13. In both cases it is an active phone line with negligible call costs.

AAISP £10 has no landline phone service on it. Though you can have VOIP.

Some people still want or need a landline phone.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 23-Nov-16 22:04:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
Isn't the 49.50 migration fee a bit steep? No contract or otherwise considering what they pay is it fair they charge 3 times as much?
You want FTTC on a monthly contract, that's the deal. Take it or leave it. Plenty take it.

It used to be free but it was abused by people getting a free upgrade to FTTC from ADSLx then leaving after a month. Leaving P8 having paid out rather more to Openreach than they ever got from the customer.

"Clever people" killed the goose that laid the golden eggs.

Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Wed 23-Nov-16 22:09:42
Print Post

That is a fair point.

I wouldn't need a landline. So I believe the copper pair that AA does would be fine.

I guess it's the compromise until something comes along apart from Virgin which does not need a landline.

Got to replace my backup so just deciding who.
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Wed 23-Nov-16 23:27:55
Print Post

Will do - Single thread speed this evening not only perfect, but slightly faster than multi-thread - First for me!
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...
Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Wed 23-Nov-16 23:53:40
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

That's very impressive smile
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Nov-16 10:01:59
Print Post

Update ... In less than two days 57Gb left out of 100! - Just a few 4K demos but do have a Skype link running most of the time when I am down south alone - To keep an eye on poorly partner. Will lay off the 4K till end of month and monitor usage, but cannot see 100Gb anywhere near enough, as also just signed up to a good Black Friday Amazon Prime deal for the year. That gives me movies, which I can always watch on Putlocker anyway, even the Queen. Main reason for sign up, was the free next day delivery and the fortune I will save over the year on Amazon delivery charges. Of course, I will still browse and watch things of interest on Amazon Video, which may be better streams than some I watch. Amazon Black Friday deals finish Friday. £20 off Prime.
Edit- Confirmation of the Engineer I saw at my cab 3 hours after submitting ticket to AA at 8:00am ish. http://postimg.org/image/qf4klk5ff/

Edited by professor973 (Thu 24-Nov-16 10:11:42)

Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Thu 24-Nov-16 12:46:13
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Ah you are on the 100GB, I would have thought the 1TB would have suited you better?

That said it's £35 vs £60 - even 300GB is £55 so I guess it depends where your demand lies.

Edit: I like that log - it's nice to see transparent accountability from an ISP for a change - not hidden or very hard to find like some do.

Edited by 23Prince (Thu 24-Nov-16 12:50:05)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to