User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 24-Nov-16 15:53:55
Print Post

Re: Single thread congestion.

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

The TB service is TT Business. He specifically wanted WBMC.

But the increase to 150GB per month starting next Thursday is great. See the new thread by mixt.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 60000/14463kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Nov-16 16:21:54
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Hi Bob - Is the 150Gb for everyone on 100GB. remembered I downloaded two 4K vids and had a 4K log fire on the big screen in the lounge for quite some time last night smile Only money. Just back from a £1700+ quote for Honda CRV driveshafts !
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Nov-16 16:45:02
Print Post

Info I've not had from any ISP - But then AA hook all accounts to full Firebrick monitoring - Part of the cost that some moan about I expect, but nice problems are spotted quickly without the test this and test that, we have for weeks on end sometimes with some.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Thu 24-Nov-16 16:49:48
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Missed that one so thanks for pointing it out - that will help a bit prof smile

Now they need to do something with the 1TB even if it's 1.5TB for a mid point and that would help too smile
Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Thu 24-Nov-16 16:50:37
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Yes - the cheapo's just use fail8re or whatever it's called.
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Nov-16 17:06:17
Print Post

Excellent information here http://aa.net.uk/kb-broadband-ttbt.html (it would be great if all ISP's gave such info) however I did notice this: "Please do bear in mind that our terms allow us to make technical changes to the service, which includes changing the carrier used for your line." Does that mean that one could be moved from TTB SMPF to BTw (or vice versa) during a FTTC 6 month contract?
Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Thu 24-Nov-16 17:10:51
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

Sounds like it
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Nov-16 17:21:48
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

I would hope they cannot push folks over to TTB without warning then, in which case, I would be off however good they are, though it seems it's usually for those with two lines.
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Nov-16 17:25:14
Print Post

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
Sounds like it

So if for example the BTw FTTC service proved unsatisfactory then A-A could have the end user switched to TTB FTTC SMPF at the exchange...
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Nov-16 17:39:41
Print Post

In reply to a post by professor973:
I would hope they cannot push folks over to TTB without warning then, in which case, I would be off however good they are, though it seems it's usually for those with two lines.

Well if there is any work done at the exchange then I would imagine there would be loss of sync for a period of time and there would be a prior notification to the end user regarding that...
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to