User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 25-Nov-16 11:35:04
Print Post

Re: Single thread congestion.

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Well you're with the right ISP, if AAISP can't get your line issues fixed through BT/OR then pretty much no ISP can. Good luck!

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
TalkTalk Business 80/20
Asus RT-AC5300 with 380.63_HGG-FINAL
My Broadband Quality Monitor
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Fri 25-Nov-16 11:37:11
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

If only I could have got LLU FTTC with Uno
Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Fri 25-Nov-16 12:14:02
Print Post

I guess your address didn't fit their customer base.Like mine didn't

There is still no reason why my address couldn't get it - All the reasons they give on their website are totally wrong.

Must be nice to pick and choose your customers, or at least to be so rich you don't care if custom is being turned down.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 25-Nov-16 12:33:00
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
Must be nice to pick and choose your customers, or at least to be so rich you don't care if custom is being turned down.
If that is what is happening in your case. You have said this repeatedly, but you have no proof whatsoever. It is also clear that high usage is not causing professor973 to be rejected, as he doesn't use anything like you do. I doubt if he has ever reached 1TB in the past. In particular when on ADSL2+ with uno.

I would expect that any ISP with you as a customer makes a significant loss on the deal smile.

Sky, TalkTalk and BT, even probably Plusnet, have literally millions of customers using under 100GB per month. Your usage spread across what they pay for is easily absorbed. Big ISPs are more interested in user count than micro-profitability.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 60000/14463kbps @ 600m. - BQM
(knowledge is power) Fri 25-Nov-16 14:20:51
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Just to contradict us - My page showing 150Gb for this month!
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 25-Nov-16 14:27:49
Print Post

Which page, jammy blighter?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 60000/14463kbps @ 600m. - BQM
(knowledge is power) Fri 25-Nov-16 14:34:37
Print Post

This one young man! - Not added the 50Gb though - getting ready for next month I expect!
http://postimg.org/image/bjjtj6y63/

Edited by professor973 (Fri 25-Nov-16 15:34:21)

Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Fri 25-Nov-16 14:49:53
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
In reply to a post by 23Prince:
If that is what is happening in your case. You have said this repeatedly, but you have no proof whatsoever. It is also clear that high usage is not causing professor973 to be rejected, as he doesn't use anything like you do. I doubt if he has ever reached 1TB in the past. In particular when on ADSL2+ with uno.

I would expect that any ISP with you as a customer makes a significant loss on the deal smile.

Sky, TalkTalk and BT, even probably Plusnet, have literally millions of customers using under 100GB per month. Your usage spread across what they pay for is easily absorbed. Big ISPs are more interested in user count than micro-profitability.

I bet they would, but you've never asked me how I do my usage - I always thought I was a considerate customer, shifting all my USENET usage etc to external sources.

I did do 16TB+ 2 months in a row to see if BT said anything, and they didn't but since then my adverage is about 400GB a month. Now I have a 4K TV it's hitting around 700-800 a month - so 1TB would be fine.

Who do I send the proof too? The 4 things UNO says are the reason I can't have service, as far as I know don';t exist.

I dont' have a new line
I don't have a non BT line
I have the backhaul at my exchange
I don't have anything on my line that would make it incompatible or stop them checking.

Sent all this to Matt and never got a reply. I keep all e-mails so that's easy to prove..

My dad's exchange can get it - and it's a tiny one with BT and talk talk. - mine is massive and has many providers, but no cigar.

Sorry but it frustrates the hell out of me, BUT now I actually know what my monthly usage is all in I know AA is a good backup line - and so I am going to order that later on.
(knowledge is power) Fri 25-Nov-16 14:50:06
Print Post

With so much info, it's interesting to see what goes on behind the scenes when we have a fault. An example of the famous OR bum-kick from AA.
http://postimg.org/image/5hc6sp9q3/
Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Fri 25-Nov-16 14:54:00
Print Post

We're currently not able to offer you this service

Your exchange or cabinet is not currently enabled for the service. - both false

You have a new phone line - please wait a few days and try again. 10 years old

You have a service on your phone line that prevents us from checking it. - nope

You have a non-BT compatible phone line such as from Sky or Virgin. BT line, always has been.

So what do you suggest?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to