User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User gavsdavs
(experienced) Sun 22-Jan-17 12:56:50
Print Post

Re: VMG1312-B10A Unreliable, Alternatives ?

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

The old zyxel P660R i used for ADSL was great. could snmp it, syslog it, stayed up for as long as you want.
This new VMG1312 is a bit rubbish by comparison. The fact that AA run a bugs page for it kind of backs that up smile
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 22-Jan-17 13:09:26
Print Post

[re: gavsdavs] [link to this post]

And told me if I wanted a router that would handle their IPv6 I could buy another one, seeing as the ZyXel they sold me doesn't reliably do so. I was told it is a bug that they believe ZyXel will not be correcting.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Sun 22-Jan-17 13:24:44
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Which really makes you wonder why they sell it.. Still, you got a decent replacement just a shame they don't give that one out instead.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-Jan-17 12:07:02
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

All that will run AA IPv6 here from my vast collection of routers, is the Draytek Vigor 130 modem into the FRITZ!box 7930, which will even do the work of my WD MyCloud NAS and DECT base station, though no full dsl info. Did think about the same Billion as you Bob, but seems a pig to set up for IPv6, whereas the Fritzbox is plug and go.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to