User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User thedotlair
(newbie) Wed 22-Feb-17 07:53:34
Print Post

Query on Control Panel Task on one line

[link to this post]

Morning all,

Just noticed that on the control panel for one of my lines, a task/note was added that was "Update filterq=Y->N" then a minute later "Update filterq=N->Y".

Just wondeirng if anybody knew what that was all about? I'm thinking it's something to keep the lines in close sync (as I've always had one line sync much higher than the other) but wanted to double check smile

That and it's only an inquiry, so don't want to hassle TechSupport about it.

Ta
D
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 22-Feb-17 09:28:54
Print Post

Re: Query on Control Panel Task on one line

[re: thedotlair] [link to this post]

Are you talking about two independent lines, or load balancing, or bonding? ADSL2+, FTTC or FTTP?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65258/14193Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User thedotlair
(newbie) Wed 22-Feb-17 09:42:24
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Two line Bonded FTTC. Apologies, I should have included in that original post .. will blame that on not having enough coffee this morning frown

Edited by thedotlair (Wed 22-Feb-17 10:25:11)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative andrewhearn
(isp) Thu 23-Feb-17 09:54:56
Print Post

[re: thedotlair] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by thedotlair:
Morning all,

Just noticed that on the control panel for one of my lines, a task/note was added that was "Update filterq=Y->N" then a minute later "Update filterq=N->Y".

Just wondeirng if anybody knew what that was all about? I'm thinking it's something to keep the lines in close sync (as I've always had one line sync much higher than the other) but wanted to double check smile

That and it's only an inquiry, so don't want to hassle TechSupport about it.

It's nothing to worry about - I suspect someone here (or possibly you) set it (by mistake) then put it back...

The setting is the 'FastTimeout' setting you see on the control pages. It relates to how quickly we drop the line if our LCP echoes stop responding. More here: https://support.aa.net.uk/Other_Line_Options

Andrew Hearn
AAISP
aa.net.uk support@aa.net.uk 033 33 400 999
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to