User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Sun 12-Mar-17 20:52:38
Print Post

Re: Single Thread Congestion Part 2

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

With regard to progress, Openreach have not come up to the mark. It's still there on the pavement. Original A55 went in for 15m of duct to a new walkway chamber. They dug in 3m of duct from last pole to a new chamber. The resultant broadband was worse. Take a close look here, especially at 6:15pm, the point where I installed yet another purchase - A Billion 8800NL R2.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/afc7e803b84...

From that point on, which is 50 hours up to now, my BB has not dropped one byte. Snapshot as of now - http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/020104ee30e...

Just waiting for rain to see how bad the next episode may be, but at least a very usable line at the moment with full AA IPv6 - Quite a feat for any router.
So yes, I have made a little progress, which is more than can be said for Openreach. Still they turn up every day to this street, and to say that I fell out with the last one here a couple of days ago would be an understatement. They will not be in here again and please themselves what they mess up in the street.
Standard User partial
(experienced) Sun 12-Mar-17 21:40:01
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

You cleared your fault by buying another router?
(knowledge is power) Sun 12-Mar-17 22:31:47
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

No - Made it a lot better by pulling the ISP zYXel which is rubbish here. It was in the saddle again to allow AA to monitor. A dozen routers here and the Billion the first to run AA IPv6, also as I have said, I will see how bad the next episode is when we have rain, but at least usable in the meantime and good routers I have here don't go bad when it rains, with the notable exception of the zyXel, they are simply bad here all the time!

Edited by professor973 (Sun 12-Mar-17 22:34:37)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Sun 12-Mar-17 23:14:41
Print Post

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to which routers are good or bad. I had an OpenReach supplied HG612 while on Plusnet on what is a very good short line - attainable over 90Mbps. However most days when the central heating boiler heated the hot water up to temperature and cut out around 12:30pm I lost sync. On AAISP using the ZyXEL I'm getting the same sync and attainable but no drops!

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016)
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 13-Mar-17 01:43:31
Print Post

But have you got it running IPv6?

It probably did on Day 1, but may not be by now.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65702/13958Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Mon 13-Mar-17 09:17:16
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

As I've posted before it's running IPv6 absolutely fine except for one issue: after a PPP drop it has to be rebooted. But as that is averaging about once a month that's OK.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/14887...

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016)
Telephone rental: Pulse8

Edited by jelv (Mon 13-Mar-17 09:18:47)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 13-Mar-17 09:51:10
Print Post

I'd forgotten you had posted that. Sorry. Losing it after a PPP drop is of course the underlying problem that apparently isn't going to be bothered with by ZyXel on the AA version.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65702/13958Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
(knowledge is power) Mon 13-Mar-17 14:39:23
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Hopefully the Billion 8800NL R2 we are running and under test at AA will soon be rolled out. Even if not rolled out as official ISP router, it is a very good recommendation that will run AA IPv6 at a low price.
Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Mon 13-Mar-17 15:13:35
Print Post

What did AAISP say about the "repair" work, and are they still badgering OR?
(knowledge is power) Mon 13-Mar-17 20:03:06
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

OR still trying to force AA to accept a fault cleared and blaming customer equipment, despite BT line tests failing. Not much changes with OR Lol AA Still pushing, but a struggle when OR insist it's a non service effecting PAT fault.

Edited by professor973 (Mon 13-Mar-17 20:09:59)

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to