User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User wingco1
(legend) Mon 13-Mar-17 21:42:23
Print Post

Re: Single Thread Congestion Part 2

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Any point of a complaint to OFCOM?

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 14-Mar-17 00:10:39
Print Post

In reply to a post by professor973:
Hopefully the Billion 8800NL R2 we are running and under test at AA will soon be rolled out. Even if not rolled out as official ISP router, it is a very good recommendation that will run AA IPv6 at a low price.
Definitely the best modem component I found out of five. Seven to eight Mbps higher sync and far better error stats than either of my HG612s. Those who buy it on those grounds may wish to put it into bridge mode to an existing router for 5GHz wifi and/or multiple Gb ethernet ports, as it only has (good) 2.4GHz wifi and a single Gb port + four 100Mbps ports. Which is fine for me but not everyone.

Alternatively they can feed a Gbps multiport switch and or a 5GHz WAP off it for the LAN.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65702/13958Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Tue 14-Mar-17 00:19:53
Print Post

[re: wingco1] [link to this post]

I doubt it. As you might expect, no amount of reorganization or taming OR will be enough as far as I am concerned.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(knowledge is power) Tue 14-Mar-17 00:22:03
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Agree Bob. Just like my other Billion workhorse, the ADSL2+ 7800N rock solid and very few errors, or at least as solid as anything can be here Lol
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 14-Mar-17 01:52:25
Print Post

Look in my sig at what my Billion just gave me!

I was drafting a post just before 00:30, and went to Preview. SPinning what's-its on every browser tab I had.

Result in sig. Also see HappyBunny on MyDslWebStats.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 68233/15526Kbps @ 600m. (SNRM=5dB?)BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
(knowledge is power) Tue 14-Mar-17 14:30:52
Print Post

[re: wingco1] [link to this post]

Apparently a local field manager is visiting site tomorrow to scratch his head. Having driven 400 miles overnight with no sleep, so as to watch the start of Cheltenham racing from our Hamilton home, how much do you think I care? Though we at the mercy of EE for a couple of weeks. That sais, EE here has been pretty solid of late .... Fingers crossed smile
Standard User Angus973
(newbie) Tue 14-Mar-17 14:34:28
Print Post

It would be cheaper for all parties, if Openreach gave you goodwill FTTP Lol
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 14-Mar-17 16:20:29
Print Post

I presume said field manager carefully consulted the weather records and forecast to make sure it had been dry for a few days before and on the day of his planned visit? God forbid he should actually visit when it was playing up!

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016)
Telephone rental: Pulse8
(knowledge is power) Tue 14-Mar-17 16:53:19
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

That would be an easy way to maximize his days out Lol. That said and with the new better performing router, my Radius log is showing lost carrier two or three times per day, but far more usable than it was - Rain forecast Friday.

Edited by professor973 (Tue 14-Mar-17 16:55:11)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 15-Mar-17 11:23:47
Print Post

Interesting, but seen as the previous ban has now expired I guess that is why you are back on your usual account

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to