User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Wed 15-Mar-17 12:49:17
Print Post

Re: Single Thread Congestion Part 2

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

No, the same account, but you will see I am up in our Scottish home. I see the other person ending 973, but assure you not posted from here. Someone having fun when I could not answer I reckon. I would not worry, I can get by on my during a ban Andrew, In contact with TBB friends on email but could not get a response from above.

Edited by professor973 (Wed 15-Mar-17 12:53:14)

(knowledge is power) Wed 15-Mar-17 16:32:54
Print Post

Update

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Remote monitoring shows my line opened up for a while today, at the new walkway chamber I assume. Looks like they are at last ripping out the 50 odd year old un-ducted aluminium cable right back to the penultimate pole. As it contains nothing confidential, below is a cut and paste from Shaun entered on my superbly informative AA control page today. Two years and counting, but looks like AA perseverance got the result others could or would not. A good advert for AA.
Note The engineer has attended this morning and found approx 80 metres of faulty cable. New duct will be required followed by a new 20 pair cable. The engineer found an intermittent battery fault on this section of cable. The necessary paperwork has now been submitted. I will review this on Friday 17/03/17 to see if there is any more information and come back to you before 5pm. If I get anything earlier I will let you know.

Edited by professor973 (Wed 15-Mar-17 16:39:41)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 15-Mar-17 17:46:34
Print Post

Re: Update

It's a dead cert no other ISP would have got this far on a retail customer. But once this job is completed, until it has worked for a while, including rainstorms, you can't be certain it's fixed of course.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65618/13914Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(knowledge is power) Wed 15-Mar-17 18:01:24
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Totally agree Bob. It's not the only piece of old aluminium on this creaking loop, but a step in the right direction that should have been done in 2015, though looks like going to dig pavement right back to penultimate pole which will help. Nice to get a visit where cable condition is actually reported, instead of reporting a perfect line if BB showing no errors at the time. BQM showing lost packets and high latency this morning with no use prior to visit.
For the last week even after a change to a new router, this has been the BT response" Customers Equipment, Error or Misoperation;Fault reported to OpenReach on PSTN line
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/c99d23f9091...

Edited by professor973 (Wed 15-Mar-17 18:13:57)

Standard User wingco1
(legend) Wed 15-Mar-17 22:01:05
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I seem to remember you recently admonished someone for trolling. Practice what you preach!

(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Mar-17 00:46:06
Print Post

[re: wingco1] [link to this post]

It's OK. When banned here I could still read all posts. Several her could confirm my contact with them by other means to continue debate. Apart from that, being banned has never bothered me and certainly won't stop me giving as good as I get to those that deliberately provoke me, something I got used to long ago here. I would go steady though, or your tilt light may come up also ..... Then what would you do Lol
Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Mar-17 11:12:24
Print Post

So how come this engineer found faulty cable and the other 100000 engineers never did?
Standard User Angus973
(newbie) Thu 16-Mar-17 12:10:35
Print Post

D'ye no ken? ....... Greet Lol
(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Mar-17 12:18:53
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

It's the way Openreach work. Despite being aware of what has been found, if the intermittent fault is showing no broadband errors when an engineer visits, their report says "No errors" and just walk away. Openreach then try to force the ISP to close the ticket, or face another waste of time engineer visit. As for the actual work, when categorized as a non-service impacting fault, even when it obviously is, there is NO target repair time, which means they can sit on it as long as they like - 2 years in my case. Something I and several ISPs have suffered for far too long.
(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Mar-17 12:21:07
Print Post

[re: Angus973] [link to this post]

Ken who?

Edited by professor973 (Thu 16-Mar-17 12:22:22)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to