User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User lexden16
(member) Thu 16-Mar-17 12:31:11
Print Post

Re: Update

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by professor973:
It's the way Openreach work. Despite being aware of what has been found, if the intermittent fault is showing no broadband errors when an engineer visits, their report says "No errors" and just walk away. Openreach then try to force the ISP to close the ticket, or face another waste of time engineer visit. As for the actual work, when categorized as a non-service impacting fault, even when it obviously is, there is NO target repair time, which means they can sit on it as long as they like - 2 years in my case. Something I and several ISPs have suffered for far too long.

I can understand why small ISPs might feel intimidated by BTOR (AAISP being the exception) but I have never understood why the larger ISPs do not wish to take them on? I have just suffered - along with many others I suspect - nearly 4 weeks of FTTC disconnections whilst BTOR replaced a PCP and moved 600 consumer lines. The work was not pre-notified to the ISPs and, when I challenged my ISP about it, I was asked to check my router etc (which I declined to do), My router log shows 44 re-connections since 1 March. Even with this evidence to hand and a photo of the guys working between the 2 cabinets, the ISP told me that there was nothing it could do. I suggested that a complaint to BTOR might be in order! I am now looking to move my line to AAISP.
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Mar-17 12:53:20
Print Post

[re: lexden16] [link to this post]

That could be a very good move if your line is anything like mine. AA have persevered where others would not, with some simply saying nothing can be done. They have made good ISPs such as pulse8 give up the will to live, and although it took longer that the 1 month target for an AA fix, I feel there is no better advert for them than my line.

Edited by professor973 (Thu 16-Mar-17 12:58:56)

Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Mar-17 16:59:33
Print Post

Why have you not been charged for these OR visits? Obviously you shouldnt be as there is a fault, but if OR say there isnt doesnt that usually mean the customer has to pay for the callout?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Mar-17 17:12:40
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

As I understand it, there is only a charge if a fault found with customers equipment. That has never been the case on any visit. It is Openrerach that keep sending engineers if the ISP will not sign off the ticket. Shaun has refused to sign it off. He has also told them more visits are a waste of time while the dig work has not been completed, but OR are a law unto themselves. The AA control page that allows you to see all between AA and OR and BT Radius log, is quite an eye opener. It shows Openreach as a total bully toward ISPs.

Edited by professor973 (Thu 16-Mar-17 17:23:55)

Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Mar-17 17:36:09
Print Post

Re: Single Thread Congestion Part 2

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

Need a bucket full of water next time wink
Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Mar-17 17:38:46
Print Post

Trouble is OR get their money whether they fix a fault or not. There is no competition. It costs far more for them to dig up a road, fix the fault etc which i would imagine isnt cheap to do for what is 1 customer. Easier to say its the customers fault

Edited by bobble_bob (Thu 16-Mar-17 17:39:08)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 16-Mar-17 18:16:58
Print Post

OR do not get their money automatically. They charge the provider, who when charged generally pass it on to the customer.

Providers are entitled to challenge the charge, but some seem never to bother unless the customer gets really stroppy, some fight back two or three times but cannot keep it up, often for good reason, sometimes without good reason.

AAISP just refuse to sign off the job, and refuse to pay up. They stick at it when there is clearly something that ought to be fixed and is provable.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65618/13914Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Mar-17 21:39:22
Print Post

The thing is though, is that there are 20 of us on that decrepit piece of aluminium. While the dig was being done in the wrong place, the engineers were being hassled by residents with problems. One elderly lady who recently moved in and ordered BT broadband, has just had a hub with a red light for two months. Engineers could not get it running and the lady was told it wa sher internal equipment to blame. I am not sure if she has extensions in her single bedroom bungalow or not, but that seems far from good enough to me.
(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Mar-17 21:44:10
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Not once have I been warned of possible charges with AA, and to be fair, the same was the case with Pulse8, but they just got beaten into submission in the end. Others use possible charges as a scare tactic. Never worried here, as I have no extensions and a new master socket fitted every few months by engineers ans always tested trouble free from inside my property.
Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Mar-17 21:59:52
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

They charge the ISP if the fault is in the customers property right? So who pays if its a genuine fault outside of the customers property in this case here?

Im assuming OR foot the bill as thats what they're paid to maintain, and the cost of digging up a road and repair work isnt cheap
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to