User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User rscott
(member) Sat 20-May-17 01:00:48
Print Post

Considering my options...

[link to this post]

Currently with A&A for my ADSL connection (FTTC not available yet..) on their older units based tariff.
The company I work for pay for my internet connection as I occasionally may need to access emails and work from home (out of hours support, etc). I don't need any enhanced support or availability options on my broadband , just a VAT invoice.

I'd like to move to a simpler tariff (the units based billing causes mild confusion at times) however it seems I can't go to Home::1 as that doesn't include VAT invoices? Instead I need to pay 20% more for the equivalent Soho::1 package.

I guess it's time to decide whether to stick with A&A (and the monthly discussion with the expenses team..) or move to someone like Zen...
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 24-May-17 20:23:37
Print Post

Re: Considering my options...

[re: rscott] [link to this post]

I thought you could ask for one on the Home 1 tariff?

Ever thought about Talk Talk Business? Same connection basically and decent support. (not as good as AA of course, but not far off)

and cheaper

Edited by 23Prince (Wed 24-May-17 20:24:35)

Standard User rscott
(member) Wed 24-May-17 20:25:55
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Can't get TTB here - the exchange has no LLU providers.

I might try asking for an invoice, but their website seems to suggest they're only available with SoHo::1

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 27-May-17 20:05:11
Print Post

I am not sure if AAISP do stuff over BT? They might? But I believe most is done over the TT network.

Someone on their connection will no doubt correct me - and if so brill - I'd be keen to know also wink
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 27-May-17 21:43:11
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

I'm on AAISP FTTC and it is BT Wholesale.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 63018/13016Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User Ancient_Mariner
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 28-May-17 11:19:29
Print Post

From http://www.aaisp.net.uk/broadband-home1.html

Domestic Service

The Home::1 service is only for domestic customers and is not available to anyone that is VAT registered or at a commercial premises. We have a business package for such customers.

However their SOHO::1 service does have a VAT Invoice

http://www.aaisp.net.uk/broadband-soho1.html

Small business service

The SoHo::1 service is aimed at small business customers but can be purchased for home use (bear in mind prices on this page are VAT exclusive). It is very similar to our Home::1 domestic package. The main differences (apart from VAT invoices) is availability of additional legacy IPv4 address, a 2TB high usage option, and an option to make use of our VIP line monitoring service where our tech support staff will be alerted if your line is down (during office hours).

Hope that the above helps.

Cheers!

Clive

Andrews & Arnold FTTC
DrayTek Vigor 2920Vn

Andrews & Arnold Data SIM
HUAWEI E5776
Standard User rscott
(member) Sun 28-May-17 11:28:00
Print Post

[re: Ancient_Mariner] [link to this post]

Yeah, I was well aware of the differences and didn't need any of them (except the VAT invoice).
However, because I've been a customer of A&A for so long, they're made an exception and I'm on Home::1 with a VAT invoice.
  Print Thread

Jump to