User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 13-Jul-17 21:56:20
Print Post

Please offer 30 days!

[link to this post]

If you did I am sure it would drive your sales!
Standard User Angus973
(newbie) Thu 13-Jul-17 23:34:57
Print Post

Re: Please offer 30 days!

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

So would unlimited. It certainly would have kept me.
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Fri 14-Jul-17 12:28:22
Print Post

[re: Angus973] [link to this post]

I imagine it would also have degraded the quality of the service or required a price increase.

I can think of a provider with a high-end customer base as AA has that ran into a fair amount of trouble due to offering unlimited. BeUnlimited. Needed the O2 customer base to try and dilute the heavy usage of the Be users and even then remained loss making as far as I know.

If you aren't mass market unlimited is a difficult game to viably play.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 14-Jul-17 21:33:12
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:
I imagine it would also have degraded the quality of the service or required a price increase.

I can think of a provider with a high-end customer base as AA has that ran into a fair amount of trouble due to offering unlimited. BeUnlimited. Needed the O2 customer base to try and dilute the heavy usage of the Be users and even then remained loss making as far as I know.

If you aren't mass market unlimited is a difficult game to viably play.

I agree, I would like AA to do a 1 month option with upfront set up costs, seems fair?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 14-Jul-17 21:41:34
Print Post

There's no such thing as "fair" smile.

Any supplier of anything can offer its goods and services for sale at any price and minimum terms it wishes, unless the price is regulated in some way.

The consumer can choose whether to buy or not.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 71288/12440Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 14-Jul-17 22:12:24
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Well, I hope they do offer something, but if not - someone else will/does
Standard User Angus973
(newbie) Sat 15-Jul-17 00:18:47
Print Post

I don't see why. I have switched to unlimited 80/20 FTTC for just about the same money. I have returned to a provider whose service matches the superb AAISP service, with free fixed IP, unlimited email addresses and free hosting. BTW based just the same.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 15-Jul-17 08:53:03
Print Post

[re: Angus973] [link to this post]

I like 30 day contracts and UK based support. I have had these before and whilst I knew I could leave i was happy to stay with them. I feel more secure with 30 day contracts over long term ones, as weird as that sounds.

I don't need unlimited I rarely hit 300GB a month these days what with working and having Sky Q thesedays.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 15-Jul-17 09:20:10
Print Post

AAISP are now offering 150GB, 250GB and 350GB on Home::1 at £55pm for the 350GB option with phone elsewhere. Or £65 to include the copper line but no phone service. An extra 50GB if needed is £10 and any of that unused runs over for one month.

Six-month minimum then monthly, early termination inside the six months £20 per calendar month.

Plus of course the 1TB product on 12 months.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 71288/12440Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 15-Jul-17 10:42:12)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 15-Jul-17 09:23:26
Print Post

what a sad state BE ended in, they lost the ASA case, and decided to shut down operations instead of upgrading one single exchange to deal with that publicised customer.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to