User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User grahammm
(member) Sun 23-Jul-17 20:03:51
Print Post

Re: Please offer 30 days!

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

A&A offer 'rolling' calendar monthly contracts, which I suspect is more convenient for most people than 30 days, as you always pay on the same day of each month (subject to weekends and public holidays). These just require one month's notice to cease. I have been on such a contract since I became a customer (I think) 14 years ago.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 26-Jul-17 19:05:00
Print Post

[re: grahammm] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by grahammm:
A&A offer 'rolling' calendar monthly contracts, which I suspect is more convenient for most people than 30 days, as you always pay on the same day of each month (subject to weekends and public holidays). These just require one month's notice to cease. I have been on such a contract since I became a customer (I think) 14 years ago.

Cheers for the advice, I guess that's after the initial 12 months? which is what puts me off.
ISP Representative andrewhearn
(isp) Thu 27-Jul-17 08:46:55
Print Post

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
Cheers for the advice, I guess that's after the initial 12 months? which is what puts me off.

This 'initial 12 months' is the bit that is probably going to change - which is good news!

Andrew Hearn
AAISP
aa.net.uk support@aa.net.uk 033 33 400 999
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 29-Jul-17 11:49:11
Print Post

[re: andrewhearn] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by andrewhearn:
In reply to a post by 23Prince:

This 'initial 12 months' is the bit that is probably going to change - which is good news!

Totally agreed if it does I will be on board! smile
Standard User CecilWard
(newbie) Mon 31-Jul-17 06:37:02
Print Post

Just out of interest, I'd like to understand the importance of the thirty days thing?
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Mon 31-Jul-17 08:47:25
Print Post

[re: CecilWard] [link to this post]

Get AAISP to fix a problem line and then promptly move away to somewhere cheaper?

30 day contract could see the end of the "We'll fix your line" offer.

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016) Why I left Plusnet
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 31-Jul-17 18:14:13
Print Post

[re: CecilWard] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by CecilWard:
Just out of interest, I'd like to understand the importance of the thirty days thing?

For me it's knowing I can leave should I need to without a massive penalty. I move around a fair bit (few years here and there) as sometimes I need to live in the houses I rent (for whatever reason)

That's the main reason, also loyalty means nothing and variety is king on 2017!

My line is fine, just for reference smile
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Tue 01-Aug-17 22:12:08
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

I don't see why, it's Openreach that bears the cost of fixing lines. As ISP has to be in the office, or at least available all day to deliver that superb service that a few deliver, I don't see that tapping a few keys kicking the Openreach backside costs them much. Despite AAISP doing a superb job of chasing my underground repair, it still took them six months, well outside their one month or free exit guarantee. In the end, it was the limited FTTC service that forced me to leave. An extra tenner topup per month and then line rental to another supplier made the cost for what was still a limited service a joke. I am now back with Freeola unlimited 80/20 for the same money as AAISP and the superb service I remember when they were ADSL2+ only. As for no contract tie-in even for FTTC, it has done Pulse8 no harm - Another ISP with decent service.

Edited by professor973 (Tue 01-Aug-17 22:16:04)

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 01-Aug-17 23:42:17
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

You have absolutely no idea!

The point is that other ISP's have just tapped a few keys to push problems to OpenReach and got no where. I hate to think how many hours they spent pushing your issues - that costs money in staff wages as they have to employ enough people to make sure they can keep answering the phones to other users promptly - far more than the total you paid them.

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016) Why I left Plusnet
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Wed 02-Aug-17 00:37:11
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

And you are typical of all that is wrong with this place. Not so long back, folks like you were RUBBISHING AAISP for their attitude to Openreach over my underground fault that was messed up over and over again for a full TWO years after diagnosis.
But not to worry, I am used to being played instead of the ball here with just about every post I make, along with the biased moderation.
I suppose in your world, staff don't get paid when there is nothing to push - In mine, staff have to be paid whether they do anything or not.
As for NO IDEA, you have no idea of the cost to me caused by Openreach ignorance, along with hassle from several supposedly perfect ISPs. Uno being one, who now PRETEND they cannot supply service to my number, after I left because they could not supply the FTTC they had promised for 18 months, along with no success with my underground fault. A long list of cease, connection and early exit fees. For SIX months AAISP got nowhere either other than running into ignorance. The fault was resolved when about the fiftieth engineer visited and was a decent one, who then insured the work needed for two years was done.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to