User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Wed 02-Aug-17 06:41:33
Print Post

Re: Please offer 30 days!

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

I expect any policy will be driven by the number of people who stay on, promotional offers tend to always be a gamble, in this case the cost of manpower to process the faults, vs the chance someone will stay on past the first month, if its profitable overall then they would more likely allow it.

I think aaisp have had this policy on adsl for years now, 1 month min term and the fixing faults policy, so if it works on that I would expect they would be ok with it on FTTC as well.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 02-Aug-17 10:38:29
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

I'm not denying the cost to you of the fiasco - what you've had to suffer was diabolical.

The problem is an under funded, under resourced, under trained industry through the whole chain from OpenReach through to most ISPs. I believe the significant reason for this is that primarily the major ISPs compete 99% on price and 1% on the service they provide. The inevitable result is that people get what they pay for. The ISPs that do care are then facing suppliers who are conditioned by the attitudes of the major players where suppliers not doing enough is not challenged by the ISPs and the customers suffer.

There are also the accountants/managers at play who only look at short term costs. Your case illustrates this perfectly. At every stage they have done the minimum to keep the costs down. The result has been that in the long term it has cost them far more with your 50 odd visits than if someone early on had recognised that allocating whatever resource it took to get it fixed would cost them less in the long term.

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016) Why I left Plusnet
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 16-Sep-17 13:43:56
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

Looks like this is coming next year.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to