User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User inetuid
(newbie) Fri 14-Jul-17 13:08:57
Print Post

Recent outages

[link to this post]

Instability over the last couple of days with either BGP drops or Layer 2 problems depending on the status report.

Need to put some coins in the meter or new switches with more TCAM space 8-)
Standard User NJSS
(regular) Fri 14-Jul-17 17:03:39
Print Post

Outages 13th & 14th July

[re: inetuid] [link to this post]

My understanding is that these were unspecified "network issues" - which have now been resolved.

It's been OK for me since 14:12 this afternoon.

NJSS

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 14-Jul-17 20:18:12
Print Post

Re: Outages 13th & 14th July

[re: NJSS] [link to this post]

From the status page:
17:00:40 - One of our 40G Telehouse-to-Harbour Exchange interconnects has been taken down and some devices have been moved off of the suspect switch. We have further work to do in investigating the root cause of this and what we plan to do try to stop this from happening again.
Not sorted at all, and a 40Gbps interconnect out of action.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 71288/12440Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Fri 14-Jul-17 21:05:09
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

its not ideal but I have respect to AAISP for been honest with their customers instead of hiding the truth away.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 14-Jul-17 21:44:19
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Indeed smile.

But I'm a bit dis-chuffed. Not overly though. I'm glad I coincidentally set up my phone, laptop and iPad for tethering the week before! Having kept forgetting to.

Things are a bit sluggish, but latency a fraction better as I was clearly moved to another routing yesterday when the first downtime occurred.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 71288/12440Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 14-Jul-17 21:46:42)

Print Thread

Jump to