User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User nemeth782
(committed) Fri 22-Sep-17 09:21:51
Print Post

Re: AAISP Launch "GUARANTEED 56M SERVICE"

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
I don't think you can guarantee that, nemeth. Sky or TalkTalk could if they wished, as they have control of the Openreach line profile stability settings, and they do not have the BT Wholesale IP Profile system in between. They only need to restrict traffic to the sync speed.

Unless if course you mean BT Wholesale based ISP. It is important these days to specify which part of BT one means. Most people don't use the words "Openreach' or BTW when they mean them. It causes a lot of misunderstanding.

True, I hadn't considered line profile settings, or indeed differences in VDSL chipset performance, although AAISP also use TT Wholesale, so may have control over some of these settings as well on some lines.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 22-Sep-17 10:21:34
Print Post

[re: nemeth782] [link to this post]

Yep.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 72313/12530Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 22-Sep-17 21:39:21
Print Post

[re: RevK] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RevK:
BTW are dropping the 12 months commit on FTTC in January, and we expect to be able to offer FTTC on one month term from then.

That's great news. This would interest me. Other ISP's do this with higher upfront costs -and it seems to work well.

Although I have to ask , as they can do it on TTB FTTC already, Why can't you? (Pulse8 is the one I think of when I say the above)

Edited by 23Prince (Fri 22-Sep-17 21:40:06)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User nemeth782
(committed) Mon 25-Sep-17 22:01:06
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
In reply to a post by RevK:
BTW are dropping the 12 months commit on FTTC in January, and we expect to be able to offer FTTC on one month term from then.

That's great news. This would interest me. Other ISP's do this with higher upfront costs -and it seems to work well.

Although I have to ask , as they can do it on TTB FTTC already, Why can't you? (Pulse8 is the one I think of when I say the above)

Other ISPs that do this are currently "taking on risk" that most people who do this will keep it for 12m+, and pricing in to recover the losses from any that don't over multiple lines.

For whatever reason, AAISP tend not to work like this, and try to make sure they don't have any (or only very few) "loss making" customers, and that everything is "fair". This also seems to be why they don't offer "unlimited" speeds. They might well actually make more money overall doing this, as many people would feel reassured by "unlimited", come over, and use less than 1TB anyway. However they would get at least a few that would do 10TB a month, and even though this may (or may not) be offset by the increase in users, it's not the way AAISP operate.

It does make a kind of sense, and in many ways is more honest, it just depends if that's what you want I guess.

Personally I'd love to be with AAISP, but they can't offer the speeds Virgin can offer me, and the drop in "quality" is something I've accepted for raw speed and volume of downloads.

I do use them for my VoIP number though, as I don't have a landline with VM. smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to