User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User youngsyp
(committed) Tue 11-Sep-18 22:18:07
Print Post

Quotas

[link to this post]

Hi,

I'm considering moving to AA but have a question on the quotas that I can't find an answer for. That question is, the quota figure, is that peak time monthly usage? Or monthly usage at any time?

Typically, my average monthly usage fits between the 300GB and 2TB packages at 400GB....

Cheers,

Paul

ISP: IDNet
Service: FTTC Unlimited (55/10)
Exchange: EMSILVE
Cabinet: 4
DSLAM: Huawei
Modem/ router: Billion BiPAC 8800AXL
Attenuation: 21.7
Current sync: 55000/ 9875
G.INP: Enabled
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 11-Sep-18 22:34:46
Print Post

Re: Quotas

[re: youngsyp] [link to this post]

Any time.

Don't forget AAISP quota applies to download only - does that help?

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016) Why I left Plusnet
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User youngsyp
(committed) Tue 11-Sep-18 22:46:12
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

Thanks, that's what I thought.

Need to make the decision now as to whether the services is worth the extra £10 a month over Uno.

Paul

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 11-Sep-18 23:12:30
Print Post

Don't forget that on AAISP half of any unused quota is carried over to the following month. This applies cumulatively.

For example if you have quota 200GB and only use 160GB, then the next month you have 220GB. If you use 170GB that second month your quota for month 3 is 225GB. Month 3 use 160GB again and Month 4 quota is 232.5GB

This applies on all HOME::1 and SOHO:1 variants AIUI. Including the 2GB one.

I'm on 200GB and always start my "next" month with over 350GB quota.

I'm with AA and very happy. However from what I see here uno is also an excellent ISP.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 68160/12463Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User youngsyp
(committed) Wed 12-Sep-18 08:02:13
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks, I saw that but the issue of have is going over the 300GB quota each month, not having capacity remaining. smile

The main driver is AAs excellent reputation in sorting faults. I have a long running, intermittent line issue currently that my current ISP, IDNet have made it extremely difficult to find and rectify. I have no reason to think Uno wouldn't get it sorted, as they were outstanding with issues I had when with them previously, before I made the mistake of moving to IDNet. However, it's in black and white with AA.

I could always vary my tariff with AA of course but that seems like a bit of a faff. And the constant issue I'd have is the constant worry of going over the quota.

First world problems... smile

Paul

ISP Representative andrewhearn
(isp) Wed 12-Sep-18 09:27:16
Print Post

In reply to a post by youngsyp:
Hi,

I'm considering moving to AA but have a question on the quotas that I can't find an answer for. That question is, the quota figure, is that peak time monthly usage? Or monthly usage at any time?

Hi Paul,

It's a 'monthly usage at any time' - there isn't an on peak/off peak with this tariff.

We do find that the roll-over helps customers quite a lot - especially with periods where kids are off school over holidays etc.

Andrew Hearn
GM, AAISP
aa.net.uk support@aa.net.uk 033 33 400 999
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 12-Sep-18 17:42:06
Print Post

I think I am about to convince you to go with AAISP - if you are prepared to do a little work each month.

You are free to swap between the 200GB, 300GB and 2TB every month if you want and you keep your quota bonus. The 300GB option is totally redundant as you can effectively have a 800GB allowance for an average of £7.50 over the cost of the basic 200GB Home::1.

See http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/aaisp/t/4598594-re-... for how to game the system. Further down that topic AAISP have confirmed you can do this.

You may find you can save even more if you need to only be on the 2TB package one month out of three if you have sufficient quota bonus carried over.

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016) Why I left Plusnet
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 12-Sep-18 20:10:59
Print Post

I am with AAISP as well - I currently have 2.7TB as I joined mid month and had 900GB carry over - considering I only paid half a month and still got full allowance that's excellent!
Standard User Ixel
(committed) Wed 12-Sep-18 20:43:12
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

The first time I signed up to AAISP I accidentally started my contract early as it thought I had FTTC installed (connected via L2TP to test something via my existing ISP). They reset it and no problems thankfully, but subsequently I got the full quota bonus for start of next month haha.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 13-Sep-18 14:20:03
Print Post

[re: Ixel] [link to this post]

They do bill us for it - no one gets a freebie - but it's all good smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to