User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 11-Nov-18 21:44:26
Print Post

resynch after ceasing service?

[link to this post]

Hi,

I left you recently and ceased my line - I use the router for internal stuff and I forgot to unplug it. There are only 4 places taken on our pole DP as only 4 houses can have landlines around here - but about 10 minutes ago I noticed my router is now re synced at 40/10 but I have no authentication

Is this someone else's service that's been activated? if so why is my router syncing with their service? has it been put on the wrong line? Or if my line has been used for them shouldn't it be synched at their end instead?

Cheers!
ISP Representative andrewhearn
(isp) Mon 12-Nov-18 08:25:39
Print Post

Re: resynch after ceasing service?

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Can you email in the the login/phone number - support@aa.net.uk - thanks!

Andrew Hearn
GM, AAISP
aa.net.uk support@aa.net.uk 033 33 400 999
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 12-Nov-18 09:19:04
Print Post

[re: andrewhearn] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by andrewhearn:
Can you email in the the login/phone number - support@aa.net.uk - thanks!

Will do - thanks smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 12-Nov-18 20:38:02
Print Post

My guess ...

Your port has been reallocated to a new customer, but the physical cabinet work to connect the new line through what was ‘your’port hasn’t been carried out yet.

Due tomorrow maybe.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 13-Nov-18 12:32:08
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Cheers - well I will keep my router on and see if it dies - right now it's synced - probably -net or Sly as they do 40/10

The NGA is 40% full - according to the guy who installed my line a few months back - it's why they won't g.fast it - maybe they only like using certain ports?

My service still ran for a week after AA ceased me - so the engineers around here do seem pretty lame.

Edited by 23Prince (Tue 13-Nov-18 12:32:32)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 13-Nov-18 13:11:47
Print Post

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
The NGA is 40% full - according to the guy who installed my line a few months back - it's why they won't g.fast it - maybe they only like using certain ports?
Pardon?

By the NGA do you mean the FTTC cabinet? If not, what do you mean, as it is "Next Generation Access" and is the generic title for all Openreach local loop fibre products. Including FTTP which doesn't use cabinets.

G.Fast has nothing to do with the FTTC cabinet other than receiving from it a power supply extension and a fed-through fibre strand via the PCP.The G.Fast pod is attached to the PCP and AIUI does not use the FTTC DSLAM ports.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 01/10/18 - 72382/13812Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 13-Nov-18 16:26:07
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I didn't mention g.fast! and when I did my training it was just an NGA - sorry if I use terms I only knew of years ago. In any case I will leave it to OR to sort out. As long as I am not stopping someone from using a service they are paying to access I am happy - at some point someone is going to ask the ISP why they can't access it and then I hope they will twig.

I wish I could find out who the ISP was and call them! - but no way of knowing.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 13-Nov-18 16:30:22
Print Post

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
I didn't mention g.fast!
Ermmm. Yes you did. Read what I quoted in the post you replied to, and your own post that quote was from.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 01/10/18 - 72382/13812Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 14-Nov-18 16:23:50
Print Post

I simply said they won't add it on - said nothing about it being on the line or anything.

AA are looking into it - so you don't really need to bother replying do you - unless you can add some value to the situation? which you can't
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 14-Nov-18 17:52:12
Print Post

You just don't get it , do you!

Read this:- "The NGA is 40% full - according to the guy who installed my line a few months back - it's why they won't g.fast it". Using g.fast as a verb in the way you did, (which does add conciseness), the FTTC cabinet which is 40% full will never be "g.fast'ed" as that isn't what happens.

G.Fast is added to the PCP and is nothing at all to do with how many ports are used in the FTTC cabinet (what you call the NGA). Your "it's why they won't g.fast it" is simply garbage. End of. If you were quoting an engineer then he didn't know what he was talking about.

Similarly, if people you were working with "when I did my training it was just an NGA" were Plusnet support, that could explain why you picked up junk terminology.

Yes AAISP are looking into it but I think you've probably had your answer earlier in the thread. Or an engineer has simply messed up somewhere. The argument you persist in pushing is nothing to do with the problem. It is to do with that fact that the reason you posted for no G.Fast was rubbish.

G.Fast pods are added to the phone cabinet. It doesn't matter whether the FTTC cabinet is 10%, 20%, 40% or 90% full, it doesn't affect the Openreach decision to add G.Fast at that PCP.

Why you decided to turn this into an ongoing row I have no idea frown. It was a minor correction to what you seemed to believe, that's all.

Just accept the facts.

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 14-Nov-18 17:52:56)

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 14-Nov-18 23:09:40
Print Post

Yeah yeah - whatever.

You aren't as important as you think you are and not everyone wants to read your waffle - You just don't get it , do you!
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 14-Nov-18 23:26:44
Print Post

Turning to personal insults now? I don't claim any importance at all. Just that I have shown why what you posted as a reason for that (or any) FTTC cabinet not getting G.Fast could not be correct.

Facts are not waffle.

Standard User j0hn83
(experienced) Tue 20-Nov-18 12:33:36
Print Post

I assume this is no longer active on your pair?

Zarjaz's answer seems most likely, your port was reallocated before any jumpering in the cabinet was done.

Dialing 17070 may have given you the landline number and helped identify the ISP.
In my experience there's no point contacting the ISP anyway.
"I have broadband/landline from you activated on my line by error, I'm not your customer" is the start/end of the call.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 20-Nov-18 15:06:39
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by j0hn83:
I assume this is no longer active on your pair?

Zarjaz's answer seems most likely, your port was reallocated before any jumpering in the cabinet was done.

Dialing 17070 may have given you the landline number and helped identify the ISP.
In my experience there's no point contacting the ISP anyway.
"I have broadband/landline from you activated on my line by error, I'm not your customer" is the start/end of the call.

Hi John,

It is - still synced and I did a reboot to make sure it was not a stale session.

Someone somewhere must be annoyed and chewing some ISP's [censored] - also stops me getting a second line until it's resolved :/
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 22-Nov-18 16:37:21
Print Post

Why/how does it stop you getting a second line ??

Order, if it doesn’t go right contact your voice provider and they will get it sorted.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 22-Nov-18 18:26:28
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

I don't have a voice provider - not anymore I am cable only - it's literally just dropped off an hour ago.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 22-Nov-18 19:10:24
Print Post

Ah! It's just clicked in my head what has happened.

You said in your OP you had ceased the line. So AA closed your account and gave Openreach a Cease order, which on ADSLx so probably also on FTTC takes a while to be actioned. It just has been.

That would explain sync but no authentication.

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 27-Nov-18 06:09:41
Print Post

So a lot of worrying for absolutely nothing on the part of the OP.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to