User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User lexden16
(committed) Mon 04-Mar-19 12:17:28
Print Post

Possible Migration Away - Questions.

[link to this post]

For the past 8 months I been an extremely satisfied AAISP customer. I have FTTC with a copper pair and I use AAISP VOIP. My connection has been rock solid for over 100 days; with a low error rate and no sign of congestion. That said, I confess that having been a Zen customer previously, I am tempted by Zen's latest discounted offer which includes an OR-approved Fritz!Box, and unlimited usage with a saving of £10 per month.

My questions are this: A. how easy is it to migrate BB with a copper pair rather than a dedicated phone line (I know that AAISP allocate a notional telephone number to this line which I assume is for migration purposes), and B, if I migrate away, can I leave my VOIP connection with AAISP?
Standard User ferretuk
(committed) Mon 04-Mar-19 16:53:06
Print Post

Re: Possible Migration Away - Questions.

[re: lexden16] [link to this post]

The 'copper pair' is a phone line, so the migration path (and cost) is dependent on whether you have a BT ot Talk Talk line (Look under Line on the Control pages) and which provider your new ISP uses.

AAISP VOIP is independent of broadband supplier so will continue to work.

Best of luck with the move if you decide to do so.

AAISP Home::1 Terabyte | IPv4 BQM | IPv6 BQM | AAISP VOIP | Ubiquiti USG | 2x Unifi AC-Lite & 1x AC-LR Wifi AP
Standard User lexden16
(committed) Mon 04-Mar-19 17:46:24
Print Post

[re: ferretuk] [link to this post]

Thanks. Having looked at various threads about Zen on this and other forums, I am inclined to stay put. I am tempting fate here but my present AAISP connection is FTTC at its best. My AAISP backhaul provider is TalkTalk, and Zen will either use BT or its own GEA.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User bet_here
(member) Sun 10-Mar-19 08:14:20
Print Post

In reply to a post by ferretuk:
The 'copper pair' is a phone line, so the migration path (and cost) is dependent on whether you have a BT ot Talk Talk line (Look under Line on the Control pages) and which provider your new ISP uses.

I'm in same position as the OP. Whilst happy with AAISP, migrating back to Zen would save £250/yr.
I'm on a TT line. What's the procedure if you don't know the number on the 'copper pair for dsl'

Simon.
Standard User lexden16
(committed) Sun 10-Mar-19 09:11:52
Print Post

[re: bet_here] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bet_here:
In reply to a post by ferretuk:

I'm in same position as the OP. Whilst happy with AAISP, migrating back to Zen would save £250/yr.
I'm on a TT line. What's the procedure if you don't know the number on the 'copper pair for dsl'

Simon.

If you look at your Control Page, AAISP has allocated a notional number to the copper pair to prevent, I think, the pair being used by A N Other. Given what is happening across the market, I do feel that AAISP needs to look again at its package sizes. That said, I accept that there is a price to pay for a fault-free connection, and for excellent customer support services.
Standard User ferretuk
(committed) Sun 10-Mar-19 09:18:45
Print Post

If it helps, the phone number for the line is buried in the 'Links' section on some of the Control pages. Also, if you plug in a phone handset you'll hear Adrian's dulcet tones with a message about the line that may include the number (I can't remember the content and don't have a phone to hand to check I'm afraid)

Regarding migration process, I'm not sure so probably best to speak to Zen. I have a feeling that there isn't a migration path (but very happy to be corrected). At worst, it may mean ordering a new line?

AAISP Home::1 Terabyte | IPv4 BQM | IPv6 BQM | AAISP VOIP | Ubiquiti USG | 2x Unifi AC-Lite & 1x AC-LR Wifi AP

Edited by ferretuk (Sun 10-Mar-19 09:25:25)

Standard User bet_here
(member) Sun 10-Mar-19 20:58:06
Print Post

Thanks feretuk.
Standard User bet_here
(member) Tue 12-Mar-19 18:32:18
Print Post

[re: lexden16] [link to this post]

Thanks lexden16. For some reason your post didn't show until today.
Standard User lexden16
(committed) Wed 13-Mar-19 15:11:30
Print Post

No problem. I e-mailed Zen Sales with the exam question on Sunday. There has been a deafening silence.
  Print Thread

Jump to