User comments on ISPs
  >> AOL

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Mitchy_mitch
(committed) Sun 01-Feb-09 11:04:45
Print Post

Re: Is AOL blocking some web pages?

[re: Mitchy_mitch] [link to this post]

Here is how to change the mtu on vista. Do it at your own risk.

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/vistaMTU.htm

Standard User Kyomii
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 02-Feb-09 00:17:20
Print Post

[re: chefbyte] [link to this post]

Empty your cache and temp internet files - it is possible you are viewing the cached page so it appears changing any settings does not work.

Then set your MTU to 1400

Save and reboot your router and reboot your system (after deleting cache) and then see if it works. Also you could try a different browser.

When did you input the open dns servers? Router or PC?

Regards, Kyomii

02 Premium Broadband
Standard User ianXX
(experienced) Mon 02-Feb-09 18:03:53
Print Post

[re: dragonfruit] [link to this post]

https://www.capitaloneonline.co.uk/ automatically transfers to this site ... https://www.capitaloneonline.co.uk/CapitalOne_Consumer/Login.do

My guess is that your Browser can't handle the ".do" file type - probably because something is corrupt on your PC.

You could try installing Firefox (permanently or temporarily) to see if this cures the problem, or reinstalling Internet Explorer, or the AOL Browser if you are using that.

Ian

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User dragonfruit
(newbie) Mon 02-Feb-09 21:04:55
Print Post

[re: ianXX] [link to this post]

I installed Opera, and it opens correctly under Opera, but still doesn't work in Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Standard User flowsnej
(newbie) Sat 20-Feb-10 17:19:08
Print Post

I have the same problem ever since I started using Vista and Explorer. Although I only get the error message when I press the 'Sign-in' button.

I tried to call CapitalOne to little avail (and much frustration). Spend 5min convincing the operator that it didn't make sense to restart the computer or wait a day as this has been happening ever since I change Operating system weeks ago. After another 15min on hold I was told the tech dept. was not available and that I should try again in 48 hrs. I don't hold my breath....
Standard User marti83
(newbie) Mon 28-Nov-11 19:09:51
Print Post

I had exactly the same problem. Try to instal Java and it should give you access. It helped in my case anyway!
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 28-Nov-11 19:26:04
Print Post

It's an HTTPS site. Can you access other HTTPS sites?

I once had a problem with HTTPS sites and I identified it was an issue in Norton Internet Security which I eventually solved despite hindrance from Norton Support smile. It turned out to be a file permissions issue.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User dragonfruit
(learned) Mon 28-Nov-11 22:33:56
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Other https pages work fine. Java does not help. I still have the same problem even after installing everything from scratch on a new HDD with the newest firefox 8.0. That problem is also on IE. Thankfully under Opera no such problems, so I keep Opera installed just because of that.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to