User comments on ISPs
  >> AOL

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User chefbyte
(member) Mon 30-Aug-10 21:09:03
Print Post

Poor speeds tonight

[link to this post]

Down to 150K at the moment frown

Was 7.4 Megs up till 3pm today

Pete
Formally known as BB4Grimsby
National award winner for Broadband Campaigning
Standard User StewartM
(learned) Tue 31-Aug-10 10:21:12
Print Post

Re: Poor speeds tonight

[re: chefbyte] [link to this post]

Can't comment as I was working last night, so not logged on at home.

Stewart.
Standard User JimKirk363
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 06-Sep-10 04:13:07
Print Post

a lot of people here in South Wales are having problems with AOL also.

One of my mates on AOL LLU didnt have a connection for 2 days and AOLs excuse was because he has a Sky+ Box lol.

The Box has always been connected and is filtered and hes never had an issue before and hes been on ADSL for 4 years nearly.

Athlon 64 6000+ AM2 X2, ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe 570 NForce Mainboard, 4GB DDR 2 XMS2 800Mhz Cosair Ram, 3856.46GB Hard Disk Space, 1GB ATI 4670 HD PCI-E 16x Graphics, 700watt PSU.

Ex AOL Dialup 56k Customer....
Ex Freedom2Surf 512k and Ex Eclipse Internet 2mb Customer.

Virgin Media 50mb Cable

Virgin Media R EVIL!!!
http://www.speedtest.net/result/776010289.png

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User chefbyte
(member) Tue 05-Oct-10 20:54:17
Print Post

Even worse tonight frown

Running at an average of 128K

Pete
Formally known as BB4Grimsby
National award winner for Broadband Campaigning
Standard User eternalchaos
(newbie) Wed 06-Oct-10 20:02:17
Print Post

I got the same problem here
http://www.speedtest.net/result/980568009.png

I'm normally on 1.75Mb/s to 2Mb/s down
Standard User bluesea
(committed) Thu 18-Nov-10 15:14:31
Print Post

[re: eternalchaos] [link to this post]

What's up with AOL this afternoon? Normally the afternoon speeds are fine but they're dire at the moment. Really strange, considering I used to get problems in the evenings but I normally find I get at least 2Mb in the evenings now, which is much better than the 0.5 - 1Mb that I used to get. But at 3pm on a weekday, it's running at 1Mb! frown
Standard User bluesea
(committed) Wed 01-Dec-10 19:59:40
Print Post

[re: bluesea] [link to this post]

Has been OK for the past couple of weeks, then suddenly this evening - down to 0.5Mb. Wonder what's causing it?! The snow perhaps?! *rolls eyes*
Standard User bluesea
(committed) Sun 12-Dec-10 17:35:14
Print Post

They have slipped considerably backwards in the last few weeks in my view - for about 5 months, evening speeds were consistently good, and now they're back to being consistently average to poor. frown

I hope this is a temporary glitch as it's the Christmas holidays for a lot of schools (yes, already!) and the speeds always seem to suffer during school holidays.
Standard User nilrem
(committed) Tue 14-Dec-10 12:53:25
Print Post

In reply to a post by bluesea:
They have slipped considerably backwards in the last few weeks in my view - for about 5 months, evening speeds were consistently good, and now they're back to being consistently average to poor. frown

I hope this is a temporary glitch as it's the Christmas holidays for a lot of schools (yes, already!) and the speeds always seem to suffer during school holidays.

For a few years my speed has been stable at around 2.5 - 3.5Mb but in the last few months I am lucky to get a max of 2Mb and in the evenings it's really slow, (it never used to be slow in the evenings for me) I can only assume that CW are cutting the infrastructure to the bone to save cash and it's now just far too many people using too little equipment.

I have been with AOL for 10 years but now that they are putting my charges up to £19.99 for a worsening service I shall be looking elsewhere soon!
Standard User bluesea
(committed) Tue 28-Dec-10 15:28:17
Print Post

[re: nilrem] [link to this post]

I've noticed the usual thing at this time of year - good speeds in the couple of days before Christmas, good speeds on the evening of Christmas Day and then rubbish speeds in the days after.

Especially bad this year as we've got extra bank holidays, so the whole world and his cat is currently online and looking at iPlayer, connecting up the Xbox/Wii/whatever that was received as a Christmas gift.

New Year's Eve will be fine in terms of speed, then New Year's Day will be rubbish, and it'll return to some sort of normality from Tues 4th...
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to