User comments on ISPs
  >> AOL

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User normcall
(member) Wed 24-Nov-10 16:39:19
Print Post

Dlink modem/router

[link to this post]

I'm being 'upgraded' to asdl2 in the new year and they sent me a new DLink modem/router.
My old Belkin doesn't support this new fangled system, so I thought I'd toss the new one in as it supports old and new.
Am I just unlucky or is it really as bad as it seems. I've had put my old one back if only to use my portable wirelessly.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Wed 24-Nov-10 20:12:43
Print Post

Re: Dlink modem/router

[re: normcall] [link to this post]

What "new" system? You mean ADSL2+?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB
Standard User normcall
(member) Thu 25-Nov-10 20:01:27
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

That is the threat.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User normcall
(member) Tue 25-Jan-11 19:30:57
Print Post

[re: normcall] [link to this post]

Today was the day.
The shiny new DSL2640R was duly put in place yesterday and the thing now works, slowly, but works.
The best bit is that the wireless bit really is poor.
The coverage is nothing like as good as the Belkin, but what is really bugging me is that my portable can access things like the Internet, network server and even my Belkin USB network hub. But can I access the network printer or my CCTV recorders (network versions) let alone any other 'odd' bits of kit.
The instructions are poor, but the Belkin worked superbly.
Anyone point me in the direction of where to look to solve the wireless problem on the Dlink? The Ethernet is fine, even the portable works fine when I trail a wire across the carpet.
  Print Thread

Jump to